the dyrt
About Moraine View State Park
Drive In, Hike In, Boat In
Moraine View State Park is located in Illinois
8 Reviews of Moraine View State Park
Very peaceful camping,fishing, and kayaking

NNice lake for fishing and kayaking. Excellent restaurant on site also

Good time

Sites arent crazy on top of one another… but quiet and family friendly. May not be suitable for some large RVs as saw some motorcoach and 5th wheel struggle. Decent bathhouse and boat ramp for lake access. Great lake to kayak at. Hosts were very nice.. had family movie Saturday night.

Camping with Friends July 17, 2015

The campground offers electric and non-electric. We were camping next to friends and the electrical area didn't offer much in the way of privacy between neighbors.

There are regular and handicapped showers. Also a small playground for the kiddos. There is a beach within walking distance if you like to hike or drive by car. The beach wasn't kept up on cleanliness as it was covered in spots with geese droppings. The campground also has some hiking trails and fishing.

The camp hosts are very nice and allowed us to pick another camp site spot due to severe rain storms that hit a few days before.

Moraine View beautiful long walk

I visited this campground for the hiking. I never did all of the trails but spent an afternoon hiking with a friend last summer. Not going to lie we did get lost due to lack of proper signage but it all worked out when we found the equestrian trail. Beautiful walks through the trees and great campsites. Super cool but most sites are a hike to get there since they are in the woods. Small boat and kayak rentals are available here for fun in the daytime along with a great little food shack you can eat either inside or outside. Great spots to fish away from the open, very large lake. Would recommend attending this park for a day.

Quiet, clean, accommodating a million miles away yet so close to Bloomingto

Great Hosts, clean facilities, nice lake, clean beach, separate equine campground areas, great shelters, lots of hiking trails, spacious sites, plenty of room to wander. Concession stand/ small resturaunt on site, marina on site.

Decent campground with a nearby beach

The good: swim beach is not right in campground but nearby. $3 entry for beach. The RV campground is on the water, book far enough in advance for a waterfront site. You can kayak or fish from campground. Sites all seemed flat (meant for RVs but most had grass good for tent setup) and most were shady. There's a playground by bathrooms which have showers. Showers were a good temp. Campground was not particularly loud when we were there (even on a holiday weekend).

The bad: bathrooms seemed dirty even for campground bathrooms & 1 stall was broken, leaving 3 showers & 2 flush toilets for the whole campground. Sites could have been a little more spaced out/ private.

We live 20 minutes from Moraine view so I'm sure we'll be back. :)

Not my crowd

So we camped at CatfIsh Bay which Is walk up only/no reservatIons and ended up in probably the worst spot (#1.) Don’t get me wrong there are some pretty spots here on the water but I could just tell by the crowd it was probably going to be trouble. We were woken up at 4am by a man screaming at his teenage kids and 2 drunk girls on the other side of us yelling. Don’t get me wrong i like to have a good time but these were the kind of people where I couldn’t speak up Bc I didn’t want to get in a fight and/or murdered. Soooooo I just wouldn’t come here. We only did because were passing through on a longer road trip. The plus was it was only $6.

Wonderful Clean campground

Great campground. Good fishing, playground etc. clean restrooms and showers. Nice place to walk. My reason for 4 stars is there is no water at the site. Must fill up before. Price is high for just electric at site.