About Clinton Lake State Recreation Area
$10.00 - $30.00
Clinton Lake State Recreation Area is located in Illinois
10 Reviews of Clinton Lake State Recreation Area
4 camping 3 beach 2 hiking

Walk-in at night pay in morning 2 dollar beach entry 10-7 pm 8 dollar for camping and 20 with electricity after check in Restrooms are decent Lady at store has everything needed for fire and bbq.

Not much to do around

Great Place To Get Away

My first time was ruff.. just for the fact I brought my two youngins and my two dogs..That was a lil overwhelming but I did enjoyed myself.. definitely looking forward to going back..possibly without the kids or dogs

A wonderful campground

Enjoy the many beautiful shady spots and a few full hooks. The shower houses are very clean and a really nice big beach.

Nice but...

It’s a nice campground but it’s usually insanely busy. Holidays are crazy. I’ve heard people say you can sometimes get a nice, fairly secluded spot but I haven’t had the patience to try. We honestly try to avoid large crowds.

Boating & camping

Large campground that gets booked up most weekends. Clinton Lake is a boating destination as the waters are unusually warm due to the discharge from the nearby nuclear plant. There are several different loops within the campground, some are alcohol free and others have direct access to the lake. The bathrooms are basic vault toilets but kept very clean. We have camped here several times, and found depending on the crowds, it can feel a little like a party spot or can be quiet and calm. The different loops have very different feels…some are very shaded in the trees, some more wide open with a prairie type view. There is a beach and concession stand, group camping areas and lots of roads to bike around. We enjoy the boating/camping combo.

Great campground!

Really nice campground on Clinton Lake. Has a really nice beach for swimming and picnics. Have about 20 nice full hook up spots and a bunch of electric sites. Our family spent a week there and loved it.

Peaceful, spacious sites and warm lake!

You wIll defInItely want to bring a suit. The lake is surprisingly warm. No dogs allowed on the beach. The sites were spacious, and ours had a path to the lake. Filled with poison ivy, etc, so long pants recommended when waking thru. Hiking path all around the shore of the lake. Some hidden fishing areas but we didn’t have any luck.

Great place for family friendly fun. Boating, swimming, fishing

This was the perfect spot for a family get away. We went swimming, and fishing every day off the boat. There is also a beach available to swim at if you don't have a boat. It was $2 a person to go to the beach. The facilities are well maintain, and we had no issues with bugs the entire trip. (We stayed 4 nights). There is a small store and a concession stand that acts as an indoor/outdoor restaurant. The shower house is serviced several times a day, and always had plenty of hot water for our showers. My family goes every Memorial and Labor Day weekend to this campground as we have found it to be one of the best around. There are 3 families that come with us every time in their own RV's that agree.

We arrived without reservations and were given friendly service. Clean and well cared for grounds. Had a great visit!

We spent 24 hours and plan to return. Great trails and views!

Off season. Seclusion

Had practically the whole campground to ourselves.

Water was turned off for winter which wasn't entirely clear. The RV fill was shutdown too. Water option we're the lake or a 30 min drive into town for bottled. Not a big deal but something to be prepared for.