The best GROUP camping near
Lake Nacimiento , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Lake Nacimiento Camping Reviews
Awesome spot!

Super clean and great location, but docked a star because of the price. After fees when booking, it comes out to about $42.00 a night.

Showers and bathrooms are spread out nicely. We tent camped and the noise wasnt bad at all. Though there was some mystery animal howling/screeching through out the night haha. Super close to the water. Kayak rentals an restaurant down by the dock and a great place to load kayaks into the water! Will definitely be back. Just make sure you book in advance! Fills up fast.

Elephant seals and sunsets

This is a great stop if you want to spend some time with the elephant seals without the crowds of Big Sur.

Good family spot

My family used to visit this campground for its easy accessibility for younger children. Deciduous trees and leafy ground cover make for a comfortable experience. Canoeing and kayak rentals available, beware of spiders!

Great location, good spots

This is a great location halfway between northern and southern California along I5. Clean and not too busy so we were nicely spaced out.

It being in the middle of nowhere, there is nothing to walk or bike to, but the town is about 10 miles inland.

Morro Bay astate Park is a great location with spectacular views!

This campsite was great, the site was large, clean and nice. It’s close to everything! You can walk next door to golf, walk across the street to the beach and to dine at Bayside Cafe. Site seeing, hiking and biking trails, and shopping and restaurants are just a short drive away. The sunsets are incredible from just about anywhere in the bay.

Be prepared for the sand/dirt, make sure to bring a rug or mat to wipe your feet.

Great hiking trail

I was here mid Nov 20 for 3 days. Laguna mountain road trail is very strenuous The last leg of the trail(primitive trail) is not easy to follow. Someone has marked the trail with stacked rocks. To the summit is about 4.5 miles from the campground. The falls hike is a gradual incline both ways. There are only about 3 drive in spots and a walk-in spot above the trailhead gate. Restroom is there, I didn't use because of the pandemic. All spots occupied and several in and out hikers and hunters. You can get Verizon signal at the 1 mile mark of Laguna mountain road trail, Its climb though

Too crowded for my liking But I would stay here again.

A true oasis

My job in agriculture brought me to the area to visit farms nearby. I was glad to find the Almond Tree, which turned out to be a perfect base camp for the week. It is truly a little oasis in a vast agricultural landscape without many lodging options or attractions. And my Dyrt PRO membership discount saved me about $40 on my stay!

This was my first RV park experience. Most of the spaces around me were filled, although it was very quiet and peaceful. The facilities were cleaned daily. The pool was closed and hot water was out in one of the bathhouses. There is wifi, although I was having trouble keeping a steady connection so I ended up using my hotspot anyway. The few interactions I had with staff and other guests were pleasant. Everyone seems to mostly keep to themselves here.

There are two gas stations immediately next to the park with convenience stores and fast food. Driving 10-15 minutes in any direction, there are towns with all services. The Harris Ranch Restaurant is the destination for steaks and gift shopping.

The Almond Tree Oasis has an excellent website with all the details of amenities and nearby attractions. They also have an after hours kiosk for late check-in and provide an email confirmation with all the passwords and security codes. I made a last minute reservation by phone and they had my packet waiting for me when I arrived.

Plans change when Big Sur is on fire

We got here on a Friday around 11am for a walk in site and the campground was packed. Luckily the campground hosts were very nice and had placed us in the overflow campsites. Which was just a small open area with another group already set up there. The next day they gave us a walk in campsite so we could have a campfire. However it was next to the restroom and the wind brought the smell to our site. The host did keep the toilets clean though. Lots of mosquitos around as well.

Good but lot noise....

Rangers drive big trucks and tractors several times a day. Make the place little noise. Dry camping, some spots with water and electricity. Hot showers pay with tokens careful the showers are really hot. Clean free restroom and nice trail to the beach. Overall is good.

Dry camping but quiet.

Good dry camping with water and dump station at the exit. Cheap and safe. Check out.