The best WALK IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Five Points Camping Reviews
Nice spot, but I prefer the walk to Long Lake campsites

Right by kidd lake. More amenities than Long Lake sites, but not quite as remote/pretty

Hidden jem

I guess it’s a 5 minute uphill walk from the PCT and is hidden (plus not on PCT maps) so it’s relatively unused for non-locals. Always find something fun here left behind. 8 bunks. Some counter space. Wood. And a nice privy

Ate some grubb at this hut

Also… got rid of some grubb here too. Nice bathroom. Fun historical place a nice hike away from Castle Peak and far enough away that you don’t get the crowds. Kitchen, firewood, fireplace, and a bunch of bunks

Beautiful views, close to town

Porta potties. Not too many amenities. Just what you need to camp right by the shore. Nothing more, nothing less. Our site wasn’t super flat.

Beautiful Bowman

There are several primitive campgrounds to choose from. Some right near the lake. There is a pit toilet, but no water or fire rings. The drive is long and fairly rough. Having a vehicle with some clearance helps. It is possible to get a smaller trailer there but not recommended. The lake is beautiful and try to hike to the waterfalls at the creek at the end of the lake if you can. We’ve never had issues with animals or bugs at Bowman Lake.

Great Stop Over

Very clean, full hook ups, can accommodate big rigs. Weekly, monthly, overnight. The only reason I didn’t give it a 5 star rating is that there is nothing around to do. General store across the street with gas and diesel, some food and drink.

Hidden gem!

My family and I have been going to this campground since I was 10. I am now 30, this year my husband and our 1 year old got to experience it they loved it! It has a spot for every kind of camper from glamping RV style to roughing it. There are bathrooms and water. A creek goes through the middle and is great in the summer for a nice cool down.

Great location, very nice setting

Close to Truckee, a very nice looking rv park, plenty of nice size spots surrounded by trees. Quiet and well maintained.

This is the one to stay at when visiting Tahoe-Donner.

Loved the scenery

Gorgeous spot. Park undergoing renovations and roads a little tight but all in all a beautiful park. Great dog park

On the Truckee River

Some friends and I stayed at this campground because of its proximity to Lake Tahoe, where we had planned to take a day trip to kayak.

I thought the campground was very peaceful. The river was gushing when we were there in June, and we had a great view of the river. The site we had was spacious. We even saw a bear across the river, so dont forget to put your stuff in the bear boxes! One other thing to note was we had to walk along a little trail to get to our site. Not a huge distance, but would have been helpful if we had a little wagon or just brought less stuff. Not sure if all the sites are like that, but you might want to check if you prefer to have a site with parking close by.