Camping in Arbuckle

12 Reviews of 8 Arbuckle Campgrounds

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

City campground

Nice picnic tables, standing wood BBQ, big trees, some trash, on the edge of a town. Camp host very nice. River has dried now. One of the best option around I5. Not the best camping experience but not the worst either.

Angie R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2021

Nice and hot

This was a great place. A little dusty. Clean bathrooms. Beautiful river. The elk come in the early morning.

Sitedispursed
Megan M.
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2021

Beautiful camping area

We went to this campground to hike the San Juan trail and ended up staying the night as well. Such as beautiful campsite. It was a quiet night with not such noise from people. Tons of birds in the area to listen to.

• area view
  • view from San Juan Trail at sunset
  • view from car spot at campsite
Gary A.
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2021

1st Come 1st Serve

Small camp grounds. 5-6 sites within a fairly sheltered cove. Tends to attract atv, side by sides, & dirt bikes. Bathroom (outhouse) was usable at the time.

Indian Reservoir not far but road in was shut done to campers.

NANDO 5.
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2020

DECEMBER 5TH CAMPING

Was cold, but we had the gear and a lil firepit to keep warm. Aweso.e spot on the creek

Meg R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2020

Made Myself at Home

I came to Colusa for work and only needed to stay for a couple of days, but I found the campground a comfortable spot to settle in for the week and catch up on some writing. I enjoyed biking the path along the river and fishing in the evenings. There are stray cats around town and the park. I lured…

jThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2020

Not so happy—-

Once again I am finding those forest pictures posted are NOT of this RV park. Lot of long term residents at this park. Could find little help. Had no choice as needed to crash somewhere. No one really to help us. Never again. Got in, slept, got out. Failed to take any actual pictures.

R
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2020

Nice lakeside sides

We went during a month that only Self contained RVs were allowed. So we had two sites that were normally tent sites for our one camper. It was a lot of space and pretty quiet since the campers were spaced out. Bathrooms were all tied together so they couldn’t be used. Most of the sites are just a…

Les S.
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2019

Beautiful river side park

I tent camped and loved it. Very quiet and beautiful scenery. A water faucet and picnic table at every campsite .

Melanie M.
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2019

What could I say.

I mean We have been going to this campground for 21 years now, every year is a different experience, meaning the camp hosts, they can make it a great experience or not, besides that it’s a beautiful campground to stay, it has plenty of campground shade running water in bathrooms, has coin showers…

Sterling Y.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2019

Super chill

Very peaceful spot

Allyson D.
Reviewed May. 24, 2018

COWBOY CAMP

Camped mid-May 2018. Mostly dry land/brush. Prickers everywhere. Tall grass, ticks, black widows, lizards, rattles and gardner snakes. 14-day BLM campground literally 5 minutes down the road from CalFire. Four toilets. No water, just creek running between campground and hills. Have to use horse or…