Frisbie , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Frisbie Camping Reviews
Almost perfect

The only reason I didn’t give this 5 stars is because our site wasn’t level and it took hours to get it right. After that… we had the best time!! Tons of trails and creeks. So much fun!!

Nice quiet place

This is a great little campground. Nice pool decent playground for kids. Definitely recommend creek side site if you can. Bathrooms a little dated but we’re very clean. Staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. A lot of paperwork to fill out and go over though. It’s just a short drive away from Jim Thorpe which is great. Would recommend!

Excellent trip but also a sense of deja vu

The cabins are full electric with heat and are well appointed. It was an excellent fall trip location for a family with young children. I said there was a sense of deja vu because the cabin, even it's placement relative to the lake was near identical to the cabin we had at Hills Creek State Park the month before.

Cozy Mountain Vibes!

I stayed in Hickory Run in late November, I love the sheer elements of nature found in this park. It is so calm and beautifuls with trails scattered throughout the entire park. I will definitely come here again to experience the poconos in different conditions. It was very cold when I camped here, but not miserable! There are nice bathhouses, mental hangers for trash and food, and roads are very well maintained. I love Hickory Run!

Amazing

Great place To camp and hike. Camp site was in great shape people were friendly and the hike was amazing

Tiny Park. Decent Overlook

2 parking lots and 2 trails. A pavilion and playground with many picnic tables also available.

Been camping here for 20 years

I love this park, and have seen it really evolve over the past 20 years. There is something here for everyone whether you like to hike, fish, mountain bike or go white water rafting. The newly built park office and entrance rivals some national parks. Staff is helpful and professional and the campsites are always very well maintained. Hiking trails are clear with plenty of parking at the trailheads. Many of the trails lead to beautiful waterfalls and some even hold stocked trout. The town of Jim Thorpe is near by and has businesses that cater to outdoor adventures. Outlet shopping is also a short drive away for anyone look for something more on the mild side.

Another excellent State Park

I can't say enough good things about PA's DCNR. This cabin was just as excellent as our stay the night before at Hill's Creek State Park. The only thing I wish the DCNR would do is expand the dog friendly cabins. While we managed to get one of the dog friendly ones here, they are limited in number and Hill's Creek had no such cabins.

Good spot

I really enjoyed this campground. We were across the street from the main campground which was nice and quiet. Right up my alley! We’ll be back for sure!

Dig this!

This spot is great! Super friendly folks there. Not to much to do in the area but it is somewhat close to the Appalachian Trail if you’re into that. It seems like the camp ground always has something fun going on. Stayed here a couple times and plan on returning!