About Appalachian RV Campground

Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Mountains in northern Berks County, the 357 spacious sites of this Pennsylvania Dutch Country RV resort are thoughtfully interspersed within 87 acres of one of nature's most beautiful settings. Whether you come for a few weeks, stay for the entire season, or can only break away for a weekend, camping time is leisure time so we are committed to making your vacation the best it can possibly be.

Appalachian RV Resort offers spacious RV sites, ranging from 50' super pull-thru sites to 45' back-in sites overlooking our beautiful fishing pond to 25' wooded sites. This RV resort in Pennsylvania Dutch Country has something for everyone. No RV? No problem! We have tent sites, camping cabins, and cottages to choose from.

Whether you're eight or eighty, you'll find plenty to do without ever needing to leave Appalachian RV Resort.

One of the finest Pennsylvania Dutch Country RV resorts and family campgrounds Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Appalachian RV Campground. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.

Private
Appalachian RV Campground is located in Pennsylvania
4 Reviews of Appalachian RV Campground
One of the BEST campgrounds I have ever been to!

My family and I just stayed here for a long weekend over the Labor Day holiday. Appalachian is one of the absolute best campgrounds I have ever stayed at. It’s extremely clean and very well organized. We started our trip Friday afternoon, we pulled into the campground and they had a table set up outside to “check in.” We did not wait in a mile long line to park and go into the office. There was no rv backup of people trying to get through. It was extremely quick and very efficient to just pull up to a table say our name and be given the map and directed to our site. The campground had numerous activities set up all throughout the day and there was something for everyone. I find that a lot of campground activities tend to be centered around small children and with my kids being 13 and 12, they’re usually left out of the fun. There was bingo, crafts, a vendor craft show, hot dog eating contest for adults and kids, candy scramble in the dark for adults and kids, a dj Saturday night and a live band Sunday night. The pool was open until 10pm everyday. This campground has free mini golf. You can borrow golf clubs but you do have to buy balls. The staff was friendly and very helpful. You could leave your trash at the end of your site everyday and it was picked up by the staff, you did not have make trips to a dumpster. An excellent little surprise for me was the farm truck they had drive around Saturday morning. I was able to buy fresh produce for our dinner and I never even left my campsite. So beware, have cash or you’ll be cranky you couldn’t buy enough like I was! The only negative thing I could possibly say would be our campsite was….awkward. We were unaware that our site was a buddy site. Now it was Labor Day weekend, the campground was completely full and we booked late. The site we got was the only one available for the size of our camper. The buddy site was very narrow and since our buddy arrived first we had no choice but to park farther down on the site to avoid our awnings touching and that left us very uneven. It was a hill and no matter how many times we adjusted, we just could not get leveled. So my advice would be to make sure you aren’t put on the buddy sites if at all possible. The row starting with 310 on the map is all buddy sites. We have already booked our next trip and made sure we were not on another buddy site. Now that I know this, we can avoid that one issue in the future. I enjoyed this campground so much that this will now be our go to campground when we want to stay close to home.

Quiet with activities

We stayed at Appalachian to visit a friend who has a seasonal site. Our site was full hook up. It was a nice size and was in a good location - near the ponds, pool, office, and bathhouse - but was still quiet! There were scheduled activities for kids and adults. The majority of seasonal sites we're clean and we'll maintained. Campers were friendly. A plus is that this campground is super easy to access from a major highway and once inside you forget about that.

Review

Easy check-in. Tent site was very spacious and clean. Kids loved fishing in the pond. Restrooms/Bath House very well maintained.

Won't be Back

We stopped here since it was on our route to Lake George, New York. Convenient location, close to the Interstate. VERY loud noise from the Interstate. Our campsite is number 86, unkempt (see pictures). Would have complained, but we are leaving in the morning. The area they gave us has permanent campers, some unsavory, so we have everything locked. The other side of the campground has full amenities, including a game house, cafe, grocery, putt putt, valley ball nets, and fishing pond. Also is kept much nicer.