The best BOAT IN camping near
Froid , MONTANA

Most Recent Froid Camping Reviews
Temporarily Closed

Went all the way down the road to the lake. When we got to the end there was a closed sign. Appears they are flooding badly. Wish they would have had a sign at the train tracks considering the road only leads to the lake. Appears no other way to get to the lake.

Cute and cozy

Cute place to go camp. I don’t like all the houses out here. It makes you feel like you are constantly being watched. Play area for the kids and decent fishing for pike, walleye and sunfish. We haven’t camped here yet, but I would love too. We go out fishing for day trips

Cute spot

Cute spot to go fishing or boating, but I wouldn’t camp here. The pervious review said the water is dirty… it comes off the confluence and Yellowstone at a fast pace. I wouldn’t say it’s dirty to swim in or fish in. I’ve done both & have a great time out there… except for camping, I need more privacy then what they offer.

Basic campground

Large campground area. Fire pits, large camp spots but close together. Two small cabins . Beds only. Small store. Lake. But most of the time it isn't clean enough to swim or fish in.

Popular area

Blacktail Dam is a popular destination for most area people. It is a small dam so it does tend to get quite busy, with minimal camping spots. Most of the land around the lake is privately owned lots.

Can get busy!

It's a smaller lake with housing all around it. Around the 4th of July can get super busy. They keep the facilities clean!