The best TENT SITES camping near
Bainville , MONTANA

Most Recent Bainville Camping Reviews
Fall is a wonderful time.

Quick overnight stay. According to the ranger 7 total campers in the state park. Very quiet to say the least. Two cold to paddle board.

Rangers! Park Rangers Everywhere !

Lewis and Clark didn’t seem like much, but as soon as we got settled in the Park rangers checked on us. They did patrols all the time around and were super friendly! We had one storm while we were there and they gave us the emergency plan as fast as they could. Most campgrounds could care less, they assume you know the deal. I commend the staff at this place, it’s what true North Dakota’s do for each other.

We also had plenty of space in our campsites and the area is super clean. The trails and the beach were quite exciting as the nights that were clear had the Aurora borealis in the background. So beautiful.

Best campground close to home

My wife and I come here a couple of times every summer. It’s a great place to brings the dogs. There are plenty of trails and the dogs love swimming in the lake.

The bathrooms are thoroughly cleaned every night and the park staff are very friendly and helpful. There is a theater area with educational presentations for the kids. Also, there is an ice cream truck that comes through the campground at night.

Great place!!!

It is a very great campground. Great fishing, great spots, awesome fire pits and very family friendly.. and the rangers are very helpful

Temporarily Closed

Went all the way down the road to the lake. When we got to the end there was a closed sign. Appears they are flooding badly. Wish they would have had a sign at the train tracks considering the road only leads to the lake. Appears no other way to get to the lake.

It’s okay

This is hot spot for the area. While it has some pros there is a huge con

Pros: Great Lake with best fishing you can get Activities such as swimming, trails, basket ball, geocaching and lots of activities put on by the park Cabin rentals Swimming beach Small craft rentals such SUP 2 playgrounds Dock/ boat launch/ boat storage

Cons: There is absolutely no space or privacy. Expect to be feet away from your neighbor.

Very few trees except for the older lane nearer the lake. The newer loop has no trees, shelter or shade. Prepare the bake.

People books spots for week and months. Getting a “good” space is pretty dismal.

There a few trees in the older part

Price is right

Nice place to stop for the night, no designated sites but I set up a pop up in the parking lot and it worked great. Two blocks off of Hwy 2, restrooms available but not showers. It may be a little close to active  railroad tracks for a light sleeper.

Cute and cozy

Cute place to go camp. I don’t like all the houses out here. It makes you feel like you are constantly being watched. Play area for the kids and decent fishing for pike, walleye and sunfish. We haven’t camped here yet, but I would love too. We go out fishing for day trips

Great camping & fishing

This is one of our favorite places to camp because fishing is awesome out there. Usually a pretty busy place, so if you are looking for seclusion you won’t find it here. We tent camp so we aren’t as packed as the rvs but still a great place to be & fish for all the species that the lake has to offer

Cute spot

Cute spot to go fishing or boating, but I wouldn’t camp here. The pervious review said the water is dirty… it comes off the confluence and Yellowstone at a fast pace. I wouldn’t say it’s dirty to swim in or fish in. I’ve done both & have a great time out there… except for camping, I need more privacy then what they offer.