The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Zurich , KANSAS

Camping Kansas Zurich Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Zurich Camping Reviews
Quaint City Park

This little RV park is a perfect no frills stop while driving through Kansas with easy access off I70. There are some sites on the small lake adjacent to the property that are surrounded by beautiful trees. We were able to grab one of these in November during the week. There are spots across the street as well, but that is more of a parking lot looking situation. Water and Electric hookups are available. However, we read they shut the water off in December so be sure to fill up your tank when that of year. We were able to ride our bikes into the little town to grab a tasty breakfast at a diner before we packed up. I would recommend this campground for a restful over night stay. *We travel in a 37 foot 5th wheel for reference

Plenty of hot water for my shower

We pulled in picked our site filled out the envelope paid 20.00 and put it in the drop box and the receipt in the window. Site 7 the power was fine. The water was good pressure and site was nearly level. It's 43 degrees at 8pm so I'm not using AC and the microwave. 30 amp for my refrigerator and hot water and microwave is working fine.

Small spot for hunters

I drove almost 2 hours to get here to park for the night. I’m a solo female traveler and I didn’t feel safe. This free campground is near Great Bend town (on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere) (look it at in google) on a public land. There was a lot of RVs and tents. All men on hunting gear. I’m guessing it’s hunting season. One porta potty and a few picnic tables. Not the place for a solo female traveler

Great Overnighter Location

NIce location, the lake is great with a new pier. Get there early for a lakeside spot. Nice breakfast at Gigi's in town too that is walkable from campground.

Very Nice Stopover Campsite

We arrived at 10 pm Sunday and got a space on the lake. Very well maintained campground. It’s not truly a destination, but for a night during travel it’s great. The sites are pull-thru with 30 amp and water. There is a dump site there, too. We would definitely stop there again. Really cool little town, too. Beautiful architecture on the churches.

Cute and right off the Hwy

Great one or two night stop. This is a small campground that is first come first serve but there were plenty of spots open when we arrived on a Sunday. All sites are pull through. We took a lake front spot, with big trees for shade. We would stay here again!

So quiet and peaceful

Great spot. Stumbled upon this one on our road trip and would come back for sure. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

Good for a night

I didn’t have high hopes for a city-run campground in the middle of Kansas. No reservations. Pay with cash in an envelope. 4th of July weekend. We decided to give it a try and we’re pleasantly surprised.

There are 15 or so sites along the lake (which seems more like a pond or a river) which had big shade trees covering them. Then another 10 or so sites behind that were in full sun. Many of the sites had power and water. Some sites shared the power with the neighboring site, and one of the two outlets for 30 amp was missing or broken.

But there were enough open spots we found one with shade and power and water. There is a dump station by the bathrooms. We checked out the bathrooms and they weren’t clean enough for us to want to use them, so it’s fortunate we have our own.

Some people fishing. Crazy fireworks being lit off in the park behind us. Someone doing donuts in their truck at 2 am. It probably would have been very quiet had it not been for the holiday weekend.

A good place to stop for the night as you trek across I-70.

Nice state campground

Stayed here two nights in primitive site under a tree worked very well . But all services are there . Popular for fishing weekends. KS parks folk are organized and place is tip-top ! Good location off route 36 . Thanks for a nice stay

It’s a beautiful campsite next to the Wilson lake

This campsite is along the Wilson Lake. The scenic is awesome. Most campsite is around $19-24 and there’re a few FREE campsite. There’s water, fire ring, picnic table and toilet. We went there early June and it’s super windy. Our tent shake crazy after dark because of the wind. So far it’s a really nice campsite. The people there are quiet and respectful too.