The best RV SITES camping near
Utopia , KANSAS

Most Recent Utopia Camping Reviews
Decent campground

Very few 50 amp site to choose from and no 50 amp sites with shade. Decent beach area with playground equipment for kids. The general store carries camping essentials, beer, and ice.

Peaceful stay

My husband, our 2 dogs, and I stayed at the Equestrian Loop. We pulled in our PUP for a night sleep. The spot we chose to pop up was right near the water, and you could hear the waves hitting the shore all night long. A beautiful and peaceful sound.

Serenity

My husband and I, and our 2 dogs stayed here this evening. We picked a spot right on the point of the cove where we could see all of the lake and its beauty! Sat by our campfire and watched the gorgeous sunset. An evening/night of peace and quiet.

Very Nice

Nice quiet spot. I will be back for sure.

Pleasant, Free, Crowded

I got here on a Friday night in late September and took the last available campsite. The site itself was very small, definitely not big enough for a trailer or RV, but fine for my Honda Civic. There was quite a bit of noise from a youth group out on the dock until 10:30pm. Good water access with the lake. Vault toilets were clean and convenient. Very little litter. No mosquitos, lots of creepy crawlers. Good road, no issues for a sedan. This place would be perfect if it weren’t for weekend noise and availability.

Beautiful and peaceful

We stayed in the equestrian loop. All but a couple primitive sites are back-in. The layout of the fire rings, grills and picnic tables are all weird… Not consistent and usually on the wrong side of your trailer. The parking pad was nowhere near level, so you'll want to plan for that. The trees are lovely. You're very near the water and the breeze was beautiful. The toilet at the loop are pit. The bath house was not clean and many of the showers didn't work.. Water is lukewarm but water pressure was great. No stall doors on toilets or showers. We used the city of El Dorado dump station. The park is massive. Lots of amenities in El Dorado. And a quick jump to Wichita. We will be back.

Love this small, quiet, beautiful campground

This campground offers a quiet out of the way experience. There are only 15 sites, about half of which are electric and water. There are no modern restrooms or showers but there are several vaulted toilets that are cleaned quite frequently. Nestled below the dam this is a hidden gem. I camped here on Labor Day and the park was full. Prior recons of this park were only half full or less. This park sits on the Elk City Lake. It has modern (brand new) playgrounds, basketball courts, and even a sand volleyball court. The sites are spaced well apart from each other and I never heard much of my neighbors. You can only book this campground through recreation.gov. you wont be disappointed!

Off the Trail

Nice and clean. Friendly hosts. Lots of trees, birds and water views. Offers primitive and electric hookups. Showers, bathroom, water stations. Picnic tables and fire ring/grill. I would stay here again.

Nice fall camping

We had a nice weekend stay at this lake. We booked site #210, and were happy with the amenities. Fire ring with built in grill worked well. Luckily the lake wasn’t crowded, so we had lots of space to ourselves. Lake staff were pleasant Nice views of the lake, but not very good shore access from where we were at. However at the end of the campsite was a nice fishing dock. The took a short hike and the trail was well maintained. All in all, we found it to be a nice stay and fairly close to home.

Very nice easy access from 400

Very nice park. We just stayed overnight on our journey. It was very level, nice places to ride a bike. Nice playground and some spots right on lake. Sites are gravel and some are a bit close, would definitely stay again.