The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Tescott , KANSAS

Most Recent Tescott Camping Reviews
Roomy with showers

I camped there in early October and this campground appeared to have multiple spots for campers with horses. There were numerous horse pens along with some dispersed camping area. There looked to be a trail for horse riding nearby. It was a short walk to the showers, which were nice and warm. There was only one other camper at the campground when we went.

Please clean up after yourself

This is one of my favorite lakes to camp near and my husband and I have camped in several campgrounds there. Recently, we stayed in the Caving Banks campground on the south side of the lake. This is a primitive campground that is near the water. Our site was private and mostly surrounding by trees, but most spots were out in the open. The only downside we recently encountered was the amount of liter we saw around several campgrounds but this seems to be more common in most campgrounds this year. I hope people start to clean up after themselves, because it’s very sad to see. Overall, this is a fantastic lake to fish at, and the camp attendant in the permit office was super helpful and friendly.

Rockin’ K

We stayed at Eagle Point as we don not have horses but this campground had the shower house that we used which was very clean and the water was actually hot! Very well maintained!

It is very clean and well kept. Campworker makes sure of it.

This is a very clean and nice campground. Lots to do, nice boat dock, camping areas.

Great Area

We spent 3 nights here for spring break with the kids and had a great time. There is a large playground and fishing pond on the south side of the lake. A disc golf course just across the road at the Army Corp of Engineers campground. We had a warm afternoon and spent a couple hours at the beach. On the north side of the lake were lost trackof the number of campgrounds available there were so many. Then all the way north is 27 miles of hiking, mountain biking, and horse trails. Plan on going back sometime to get to everything we didn't get to this trip.

Simple cheap and enjoyable

Quiet and lovely a clean place to camp with plenty of dead and dry fire wood to be gathered. this place has up to 24 miles of hiking trails on the north side as well as being the oldest lake in the state it has some unique history from ancient Indians and the area was frequented by Buffalo bill Cody and there aresome petroglyphs you can visit from natives of the area this lake is also a great fishing destination for all types of fish native to the state if tents and hammocks are not your thing they have cabins as well for $99 a night this is one of them lakes you should visit if your not from Kansas there is so much hidden beauty here that goes unnoticed by many

Fun in the Sun

Great scenery and nice trails (bring tick spray can be brutal out there!). My girlfriend and I were able to take our paddle boards out which was a ton of fun and with the heavy boat traffic.

The beach in KS??

We went for the weekend, mostly to do some hiking. Then realized we had found one of the nest places in Kansas! We got a perfect camp spot all to ourselves. It was not necessarily private or in the woods. But we were right up against the lake. There was sand like a beach the water was alright. I mean it's a lake. We loved the hiking through limestone. We found couple caves and climbed some rock. Would be good for mntn biking