The best DRIVE IN camping near
Havensville , KANSAS

Most Recent Havensville Camping Reviews
2020 Dec28

This is a great place to stay it’s about 30 minutes 20 minutes off of I 70 of very clean well-maintained no one bug me at all I don’t think there was another camper in the whole place morning sunrise was perfect over the water me and my dog slept very quietly and nicely all night long

Parking lot on a lake

This was a quick stop for us the Friday after thanksgiving. 9 min off the highway. there is a Christmas light display over the holiday causing traffic entering the park around 6 pm. The camping spots were just 2 parking spaces, there were tables around and some fire pits. The bathrooms were warm and very clean. My kids enjoyed walking around and seeing the lights. The lake is beautiful. Would stop again for a quick over night and a morning fish or walk.

We keep coming back!

We initially thought oh what a great overnight spot but have found this to be so much more! Location is perfect, quiet city park near police station. Walking/biking trails, playground, frisbee golf, restaurants with in walking distance, it’s a beautiful setting and the squirrels, black squirrels are everywhere. Limited spots with 30/50 amp are available, they are pull off as in drive over the curb and park. I did mention limited as in very few, I can’t express this enough as I think I saw 3 maybe 4 spots with electric hookups. Sites are free, donations accepted- box is located on the building that houses the restrooms and near water station.

Nice stop for a night

Fairly easy to find and the roads are decent. Plenty of camping on the lake. All camping sites on side of lake with entrance. Nice level sites. Plenty of fire wood to forage. Great fishing. Was the only one camping but had some beaver neighbors catching fish all night. No hikes but a jog around the lake was pleasant. Beautiful sunrise on the lake. Wildlife heard all around. I enjoyed my stay

Beautiful state park

Perry State Park is well maintained and manicured park. The primitive sites and RV sites are extremely close (especially the RV sites) other than that they have dedicated hammock sites!

Nice trees and shade

Quite pleasant. The campground is a bit dated, but more than adequate. The sites are pretty close together. There are quite a few camp sites who look like they live here long-term. For this style of campground, we liked it. Do have some ear plugs handy for the night time if you're a light sleeper. You can hear the highway and several trains come by.

Wide RV Sites w/ 30 amp

Great spot, the pull-thru RV pads are huge and the grass in between is sizable for each.

Easy

Just stayed for the night and it was an easy set up. Wide open lots that were level and the hookups were all lit up so easy to see at night. Huge grassy enclosed dog run which is priceless traveling across country with two dogs. The price was very decent and it served us well for an easy nightly stop.

Trains at night but huge lots

We were tent camping and they out us by the river and it was wonderful. They have huge lots and very friendly service. Breakfast can be purchased and is brought to your campsite! A con was the bright lights from the center of the site; enough to keep us up but not enough to help us see at night while setting up. Another was the very, very loud train that blows its horn everytime it passes late at night (around 12am), in the middle of the night (2:30am-ish) and very early morning (maybe 5am?). I was so exhausted that I needed to sleep another few hours after checkout; luckily, I wasn't driving, so if you are, you might be tired by 11am checkout if you don't sleep early enough to account for the times you're woken up by the train a few times through the night.

Sunflower and butterfly galore!

My husband and I stayed in a site with beautiful trees and sunflowers growing all around us. The monarchs must have been migrating because they were all over the trees. You can drive down to the water. We didn’t see a lot of campers but there were quite a few people fishing off the shore. Bring bug spray, as the mosquitoes and chiggers were biting! Very quiet stay for a couple nights!