Camping in Zero

62 Reviews of 12 Zero, Iowa Campgrounds

j
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Very Nice

I was surprised at how well maintained this place is especially for a dispersed camping area.

Site#5
Steve W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Very nice

Very nice corp park. Campsites were spaced well apart with plenty of room on pad around campsites, cell service was four bars and air tv 30 channels

SiteJ12
Tim M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Happy place

I have camped at lake wapello for 32 years in a row over my birthday in September it is the cleanest friendliest best wildlife great fishing wonderful campsites a place that I will always return to.

Month of VisitOctober
R
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Great location, tons of amenities

Marion County is often overlooked by people in favor of the various Red Rock campgrounds that are nearby, but in my opinion, unless you have a boat, there is nothing that puts Red Rock above Marion County. They have done a great job in recent years updating sites a few at a time, adding pavement…

Month of VisitOctober
Miles M.
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Great park!

We had site 24, sites were very spaced out and they are only on one side of the road so no sites backed up to ours. Plenty of room for our dogs

Art T.
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2021

Perfect getaway

Visited this place a couple times and it's a great location.

Evan G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Quaint campsite near a lake

I wish I new how to fish because this campsite offers a beautiful lake with plenty of bass. On top of that, the fire pit has a very nice two-tier cooking grate that can be rotated on or off the fire, although I couldn't find any firewood sold at the park, Indianola Iowa is just a few miles north…

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2021

Best of the 4 Polk County Iowa Parks

Wonderful trails, lots of space.  Access to DM River, has nice pond, playgrounds, just a beautiful area.  Fishing not the greatest, Pond is silted to about 9ft deep, have caught few small bass, bluegill.  Never tried the river here, but is known for big cats.  Camp sites are best around, large flat…

Laura B.
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2021

Camping at whitebreast

Has some very nice shaded spots. Can walk down to the dock. We love to camp there every Fourth of July. It is a great place for all ages to enjoy.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2021

Perfect, overnight stay

Great overnight stay. Got in later a little than planned, after hours. Very quiet— great nights sleep.

NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2020

Hard to find real camping for free

Fire pits with grills and everything.

Unfortunately we were there in the dead of winter as a stop over on a road trip, but it was easy to find and easy to get into the park to the camp sites.

For just outside of Des Moines, pretty good spot.

Tim
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2020

Fantastic

Great camp grounds! New showers and toilets. Easy access. Not far from oskaloosa.

CM
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2020

Great lake, nice beach.

Spots to the north of the site are pretty tight and have very little grass. The lake is beautiful and the path around it is in great shape! Bathrooms and showers were nice and clean.

CM
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2020

Great lake, nice beach.

Jamee N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2020

Family Friendly

We tried to stay here on probably the hottest day of the year. It was just wayyyyy too hot so we made sandwiches and decided to drive through the night, but it wasn’t this KOA’s fault! Very friendly staff. Tons for kids and families to do. My only complaint is that where we were, tent spot…