Udell , IOWA

Most Recent Udell Camping Reviews
Fantastic

Great camp grounds! New showers and toilets. Easy access. Not far from oskaloosa.

Buck Stop Camp

About 1.5 mile hike to camp, nice moderate hike with wide trails. Listened to deer rutting all night and coyotes howling. Can’t wait to go again!

Off the beaten path

Very nice and quite location when I went mid September. Seems like a lot of trails to explore. Will go back again to explore more. Lots of hills.

Spacious sites, beautiful lake!

The campground itself is very nice. There is a lot of space between campsites, which is awesome!  Our site had a great view of the lake, as well.   The campgrounds are a drive away from the beach and most boat ramps.  The lake was great for kayaking, but the visit to Whitebreast beach knocked the campground scored down, as I typically look for the overall experience and not just sites/facilities in my rating.  Whitebreast beach had sand at the top, leading me to believe it would be a typical sandy beach-not at all!  As you made your way further down and into the water, there was muddy, wet clay and the beach floor was slimy and muddy. I even saw a young boy lose his shoes in the wet clay! I would return to the campground and kayak the lake, but I wouldn't recommend the beach!  I'm fairly certain my grandson and I both ended up with some kind of bug bites after being there-we're both still itching!!  Yuck! There is another beach at Lake Red Rock and perhaps it is nicer/cleaner, but I would stay away from Whitebreast if you don't like your feet sliming in clay and mud!

Great little campground by a lake

Great spot by a small lake in Stephen's State Forest. Didn't have a soul around us for the night we camped here (late September). Temps were around 43 degrees at night. Fire pits have nice swinging grates on them. There was a picnic table at each spot as well. We were in Campsite 007. Would have given 5 stars but you will hear train horns blowing all night at this location.

Will come back

Lots of shade, quiet.

Great backpacking spot in Iowa!

The Woodburn unit in Stephens State forest has great hiking trails leading to very primitive camping locations. The site did have a nice picnic table and fire pit. A great place to disconnect and go off grid for a little while

Love it

Great area right on the river. excellent for fishing or boating.

Whitebreast

Great area for camping and fishing.

Whitebreast Red Rock lake,Ia

I had a great site,perfect weather,good neighbors and awesome food.