The best BOAT IN camping near
Udell , IOWA

Most Recent Udell Camping Reviews
Fantastic

Great camp grounds! New showers and toilets. Easy access. Not far from oskaloosa.

Spacious sites, beautiful lake!

The campground itself is very nice. There is a lot of space between campsites, which is awesome!  Our site had a great view of the lake, as well.   The campgrounds are a drive away from the beach and most boat ramps.  The lake was great for kayaking, but the visit to Whitebreast beach knocked the campground scored down, as I typically look for the overall experience and not just sites/facilities in my rating.  Whitebreast beach had sand at the top, leading me to believe it would be a typical sandy beach-not at all!  As you made your way further down and into the water, there was muddy, wet clay and the beach floor was slimy and muddy. I even saw a young boy lose his shoes in the wet clay! I would return to the campground and kayak the lake, but I wouldn't recommend the beach!  I'm fairly certain my grandson and I both ended up with some kind of bug bites after being there-we're both still itching!!  Yuck! There is another beach at Lake Red Rock and perhaps it is nicer/cleaner, but I would stay away from Whitebreast if you don't like your feet sliming in clay and mud!

Nice well kept campground

Quite roomy on river the town by it is a craftsman village with quilting woodwork old inns painters there is a railroad car they made into a rental the camp ground has 30 and 50 amp elect there is no water or sewer on you’re site but water is available in camp .

Great place to camp, kayak, fish, and hike!

Spacious campground with clean facilities.  Some campsites are close to the lake.  Several hiking paths-Lakeshore Trail goes around the whole lake, so be sure to reserve 2-3 hours to conquer this path-more if you like to take in the scenery.  Quite a bit of wildlife seen during kayaking and hiking-muskrat, beaver, swans, geese could be found on the water. Also seen: deer, bald eagles, frogs, toads, turtles.  There were many that enjoyed fishing on the lake, as well. We spent our time hiking and kayaking, but fishing seemed pretty good for those partaking. Also has a nice beach!

Very nice campground

Very nice campground with lake to fish and boat on. Has beach access also.

Island View - H19

Campground was very clean and staff was helpful and polite. A lot of spots have a nice view of the water. It tends to be very busy. My stay was a week past labor day and still over half full. Restrooms / showers were clean, nothing fancy. Did some fishing while there and caught enough crappie for a nice dinner with some left over for breakfast the next morning.

Island View - H19

Will come back

Lots of shade, quiet.

great camp

close to the river with lots of fun history and shops to keep you busy.

family day

excellent way to spend a day with family. boat rentals were a blast and added bonus.