Rochester , IOWA

Most Recent Rochester Camping Reviews
Stay Here

Driving cross country, this was my favorite campground. I had a large, private site that had a mowed path leading to the lake. The large lake is beautifully landscaped with walking bridges made from recycled iron and memorial trees of many varieties. There is about a two mile trail circumventing the entire lake. I was there in early October so the weather was too chilly to use the nice beach. Great shower house.

sfellwut

seaflatocea

Arnold Wulf’s Rural Oasis

I’m a bit biased on this one as Arnold Wulf is my great-grandfather, but I do have a lot of fond memories from this park.

Near Lost Nation, Oxford Junction, and Wyoming, IA this park is an unexpected find in rural, eastern Iowa. The camping areas have expanded. Plenty of hook-ups for RVs and such, but there are also some backcountry, hike-in sites off of the main trail. Most of the available camping is right off the road that goes through Eden Valley County Refuge, so that’s not the most ideal.

The swinging bridge and observation tower are the main structural attractions, but there are also several caves scattered about. Overall, very enjoyable and there aren’t a lot of places like this nearby. Worth a stop if you’re in the area.

Peaceful stay

Great county campground with water and electric sites, dump at exit. Bathrooms on loop B are dirty and dated. I suggest going up to the Plains loop and use it's facilities. Very clean and new bathrooms and showers.

Peaceful retreat

It's a little hike in for the dispersed sites, but worth it to be in a secluded woodsy site. Was peaceful and relaxing. There is water and and an outdoor shower at the regular campsite across from where you park. There are pit toilets near the dispersed sites. Fire pit and picnic table at each site. Site 1 has more sun during the day and site 2 is right on a trail head connected to site 1. Easy enough trail to pull a wagon if needed.

Perfect

We stayed at site 48 and it's a perfect spot just off the lake with great views. Only drawback is it's kinda of a walk from a bathroom and the beach but that is more than ok to deal with…with a pop up. Highly recommend

Mountain Bikers Dream Spot

A great campground if you want to mountain bike, kayak, boat, hike, fish, play disc golf or just enjoy the view of the lake. Lots of sites to choose from with varying amounts of privacy. All have electric hookup, a few have full and there are some neat hike in tent spots. You really can’t go wrong with this campground. Many activities, very well kept campground, located by Iowa City, Solon, North Liberty so many places to get a bite and see the locals or just get groceries. Here’s a picture from our site 26 stay.

Beautiful quiet park

We camp here every year in for Scouts.  The time a year we go it is not busy and we pretty much have the place to our selves.  The last time we were there the ranger let us have all the firewood we wanted.  Nice easy hiking paths and the beautiful grounds.

Cute and Quaint

Little Bear Campground is located right off I-80 at the West Liberty exit. It is right next to a trailer park. There are a few tent sites ($22/ night)and Rv sites($33/night). We pulled in late to stay the night. It had full hook ups with a fire ring and picnic table. The spot was good sized and clean. There is an office/ gift shop and a convent store within walking distance. There is 2 cute little cabins which run $49 a night. There is a pool(closed for season), and a playground for kids. I was surprised that the interstate noise was much quieter than I thought it would be. All and all it was a pleasant place to stop over.