The best BOAT IN camping near
McCausland , IOWA

Most Recent McCausland Camping Reviews
Off season parking

Nice beach walk and next to a small town. Came in December to find they close the campground for the season but there’s lots of small lots to park overnight.

Love the "pencil tree forest".

My family stayed on site 21 in our popup and had a great time. We LOVED the pencil tree forest. There are only a handful of campsites w electric in this circle of trees. Although these types of trees don't offer a lot of privacy I still enjoyed it. Our site was a short walk down to the lake which we used for fishing. There is a water pump and latrine in the circle. We did not go in the shower house so can't attest to the cleanliness.

Great weekend to start Fall Camping

We enjoyed our weekend at Thomson Causeway with our popup.  We stayed at site 41.  Although I would have liked the pad to be a little longer, it was still a nice site.  Not a lot of privacy, but being right on the water was great.  Definitely need bugspray, but my boys LOVED catching frogs along the rocks.  Bathrooms are a short walk from this site and were clean.  Water pump was also a short walk.  We enjoyed bike riding around the campsite.  There is a longer bike path that will take you to Clinton.  We bought firewood right outside the park for $3 a pallet.  We will definitely add Thomson to our list to return for our next trip.  I made note that I would love to reserve site 60 or 69… great views of the Mississippi… I assume these are the most sought after sites.

Nice!

The sites in the pines are very nice. They have fc/fs sites. Spacious sites. Nice facilities.

Lovely

It was booked solid but you can not tell. Very quiet and peaceful campground.

Nice Place

One of our favorite places to camp, kayak, and fish. The only downside side is no water/sewage hookup.

Horrible place.

No sewer dump, can’t be hooked up to water. No bathrooms or shower houses. Not at all thrilled. Not enough room for 2 full size vehicles to park on pad. Have to park in a parking lot.

Great campground next to river

Amazing campground. Short walk to the beach. All sites are 50 and 30 you just show up pick a spot and go to the office. Camp host stays on site. Nice sized playground for kids. Plenty of room around campers. No dump station or bath house. Have to vehicles so one can’t be parked at camp parking lot near by. Very quiet at night lots of boaters.

Great place to camp!

We have stayed here often over the years as recently as last night. The sites are all level concrete and just about every one have a great view of the Mississippi. Quiet at night. The only improvement I would like to see is water hookups, but there are plenty of spigots scattered around the park.

So beautiful!

Trees everywhere, lake nearby, fun things to do just 10 minutes driving.