The best GROUP camping near
Lu Verne , IOWA

Most Recent Lu Verne Camping Reviews
Wonderful

Great for tent camping, very spacious and grassy sites, clean, grill/fire pit was really very nice. Very clean and modern bathrooms, easy access to water. Hiking trails were well maintained. Can't wait to come again.

Scenic Hiking

Beautiful views, wonderful trails, cramped campground, poor tent camping conditions.

Beautiful Fall Scenery

Loved it! Both our teenage boys agree it was one of the top 3 places on our South Dakota trip. We would definitely stay here again!!!

Lovely campground and park

Very well maintained campground in a small but lovely park. Host was very nice and there were lots of open spots on a Saturday in late September. Loved our tent site with a short walk to the lake and clean bathrooms

We Love this park!

The RV parking area isn't really big, but all sites are great & feel private, especially the outer ones. We have never stayed in the cabins, but they look nice & well kept. Bathrooms & showers are nice. We LOVE the hiking trails. Some can be a pretty good workout & steep for a 61 year old, but they are do-able & have resting benches a long the way. There are some beautiful old bridges if you get on the right trails😁 Wifi is virtually non-existent there, but it is nice to be "unplugged" We have a DVD player & watch old movies if its raining. We wish the park cut-up it's own firewood & offered it for sale (there are plenty downed trees available) It would be an extra income for them. As it is, you can't bring in any wood outside the area because of the Elm Tree Borer possibly being transported, so you will need to go to Ft Dodge to buy some (Menards & possibly some gas stations) have bundles you can buy. It would be so much easier right at the park, like some places we go in Minnesota. We live an hour away and come just to hike sometimes. Nice, quiet place

Tent sites

Great state park for a quiet weekend trip. Tons of great tent sites, but it seemed like the RV spots were pretty close together. We stayed at #142 and it was the perfect tent location. Right on the water, distanced from our site neighbors, and a sandbar nearby for some fishing. The swimming beach was gross, but the hiking trail was great for an easy walk with kids.

Labor Day weekend

This campground has a lot of mixed reviews on social media. We were a bit worried but I’m so glad we went.

The parallel parking was so much easier than we thought it would be. Not a huge fan of sharing the same outdoor space but it was manageable. It would be perfect for large family/friend gatherings as some where doing.

The campground was super clean and the bathrooms the cleanest I’ve seen at a state park.

Great park

This campground is beautiful it’s where two river meet together. They have beautiful walking trails and lots of hook up for campers also a very big play ground area. There shower and bathrooms are very clean. The camp host is wonderful!! It’s 17.00 dollars to camp a night!

Beautiful camp ground

It’s only 12 dollar to camp a night for electricity. They have two different areas for camping. There is a few pond to kayak and fish also there’s a beach area to swim. Not sure how many spot but there are quite a few. No WiFi but cell service is ok.

Beautiful Park and campground

I stumbled across this Park traveling through and looking for a place to spend the night. I drove in and saw the beautiful lake and the campground so I talked to the camp host, told him I just needed a primitive spots I didn't need electricity or water is it all good just grab a tent site, they are $6 a night and 30 amp electric with water is 15 tonight. And if you rent for 7 days you only pay for 6 and it's a beautiful quiet I'm sure there's fish in the lake you can swim in it's a wonderful place I'm so happy I stumbled across this Jewel