Camping in Forsyth

12 Reviews of 7 Forsyth, Iowa Campgrounds

s
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Would not reccommed

The guy gave me an address that lead me to an abandoned barn so I was then 40 mins out of the way.

Chris S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Really nice set up for a quick stay over off of I-90

We found this place by accident, and were very happy we did. It’s a small family run campground with mostly seasonal campers. Set along the shores of Lake Imogene, which comes out of nowhere surrounded by farm land, and you can’t even see it from the road. Mature shade trees everywhere, Impeccably…

• lake imogene from the dock
  • giant beautiful shade trees with sites underneath
Stephanie G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Large, Clean Campground - Limited privacy

This review is for Oak Woods Campground at Lake Shetek State Park. Drive-in Site 12.

This campground is pretty large and there are neighboring campgrounds that make the camping options plentiful in this state park!

Sites are well marked and they are all in close proximity to one another. There…

• Oak Woods Campground Site 12 at Lake Shetek State Park
  • Hike the causeway out to Loon Island while you are visiting!
VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Nice

Staying here during trip to SD, April is cold bit nice check in process. Clean and level site. Large site and we'll spaced out. Super nice lady, owner?, Checked me in and was super nice. No water hook up due to weather but glad we chose this as a place to stay. Would recommend for price with…

Jesse G.
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2021

Great little site

Stayed for a wind project last February1st through March. Clean showers and restrooms and great owner

Wally B.
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2020

Awesome Sunset!

Really nice spot almost overlooking the lake (Through the trees), had fire ring, picnic tables and room for quite a lot of tents! For me and my family it was perfect!

Alex C.
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2020

Feels like you're in the woods.

This camp ground is surrounded by farm land including our own. The only down side is the lake is shallow so fishing is best early early camping season. The showers are also odd to get dressed since there's no mat so maybe go in with a swim suit. Cell service is sketchy! If you like backpacking in…

A
Reviewed May. 20, 2020

Amazing

Amazing place to stay!

Levi L.
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2019

Typical small town campground.

Decent little dock and shelter house. Dump station. Campfire rings and picnic tables. Bathrooms were decent. Electrical hookup only. Kids screaming and people partying super late.

Brady H.
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2019

Awesome camp ground

Pond is great and has a very nice sand beach!

Jeff J.
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2019

Would not recommend due to poor customer service.

Disclaimer: I have not visited this park.  I planned to visit August but decided against it due to the poor customer service and lack of professionalism. The number provided above is correct, but whoever is answering the phone immediately sounds annoyed and gives the impression that he couldn't…

C
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2018

Right on Fox Lake

Nice place right on the lake. Campground manager is nice. Sites are electric only. Fill with water before setting up. Reasonable and it's clean. If you like to fish you want to come here

Sitecan't remember