Camping in Forsyth

Recent Boat-In Reviews Near Forsyth, Iowa

20 Reviews of 10 Forsyth, Iowa Campgrounds

Petra H.The Dyrt PRO User

Beautiful Area

Overall a good experience. The location, sites, amenities, shower rooms are clean and great. I don’t know why the vibe feels a bit off except to say the people. Seems a little unfriendly. People cutting through sites. Parents not being kind, some kids being over the top.

• Most of the day - full sun
  • Campsite vacant - view of lake
  • View of rear of site - other campers
Jim W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Just off the interstate, great place to stop for the night.

Sites can accommodate tents or up to 50' RVs. Lots of grass, bike/walking paths and dogs on leashes welcome. 14 Sites now, with plans for 10+ Sites built this summer. On site host, so typically quiet and friendly. One price, $25/night.

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Nice place to camp for the night

Quiet, empty and very clean bathrooms!! Fires allowed, picnic benches and just a short walk to the grotto of redemption.

Sitewest campground
s
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Would not reccommed

The guy gave me an address that lead me to an abandoned barn so I was then 40 mins out of the way.

VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Nice

Staying here during trip to SD, April is cold bit nice check in process. Clean and level site. Large site and we'll spaced out. Super nice lady, owner?, Checked me in and was super nice. No water hook up due to weather but glad we chose this as a place to stay. Would recommend for price with…

Jesse G.
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2021

Great little site

Stayed for a wind project last February1st through March. Clean showers and restrooms and great owner

Kaylyn S.
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2020

Great park

This campground is beautiful it’s where two river meet together. They have beautiful walking trails and lots of hook up for campers also a very big play ground area. There shower and bathrooms are very clean. The camp host is wonderful!! It’s 17.00 dollars to camp a night!

Kaylyn S.
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2020

Beautiful camp ground

It’s only 12 dollar to camp a night for electricity. They have two different areas for camping. There is a few pond to kayak and fish also there’s a beach area to swim. Not sure how many spot but there are quite a few. No WiFi but cell service is ok.

Roger A.
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2020

Beautiful Park and campground

I stumbled across this Park traveling through and looking for a place to spend the night. I drove in and saw the beautiful lake and the campground so I talked to the camp host, told him I just needed a primitive spots I didn't need electricity or water is it all good just grab a tent site, they are…

Wally B.
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2020

Awesome Sunset!

Really nice spot almost overlooking the lake (Through the trees), had fire ring, picnic tables and room for quite a lot of tents! For me and my family it was perfect!

Alex C.
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2020

Feels like you're in the woods.

This camp ground is surrounded by farm land including our own. The only down side is the lake is shallow so fishing is best early early camping season. The showers are also odd to get dressed since there's no mat so maybe go in with a swim suit. Cell service is sketchy! If you like backpacking in…

Alec S.
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2020

Great site to spend a week

I can not say enough about this campground. The sites are well maintained, bathrooms are IMPECCABLE someone was out cleaning the shower house at 11pm one night. The staff are extremely friendly and there is so much fun for the kids to bike, swim (sand beach), and fish. The surrounding area…

A
Reviewed May. 20, 2020

Amazing

Amazing place to stay!

Adrian D.
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2020

Since I was a wee lad!

Emmerson Bay is the Best for Tubing on tbe Iowa Great lakes so access for your boat here too is also amazing, However theres not a place here to park it. But this place is awesome for icefishing as well!

• My Buddy Holding one of the Amazing Bluegills that live around the bay
  • Another Healthy delicious Bluegill off of My Grandpas Dock from around the bay from the lake access here
  • In the act!
Levi L.
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2019

Typical small town campground.

Decent little dock and shelter house. Dump station. Campfire rings and picnic tables. Bathrooms were decent. Electrical hookup only. Kids screaming and people partying super late.