The best DRIVE IN camping near
Burr Oak , IOWA

Most Recent Burr Oak Camping Reviews
Good shade and privacy

We stayed here for one night in August 2020 en route to black hills. Nice site(number 80), good shade and privacy between sites.  Some mosquitos in evening.

Nice escape

Perfect for a quick night away from the twin cities. Several small hikes to the bluffs right from the campground loop. Solid campground all around.

Crowded, many RVs. Decent tent sites along river.

From someone who typically prefers backpacking and sleeping in remote areas, this campground facility, pretty much in the city, is okay.

The facilities are nice, bathrooms were clean. What I didn't enjoy was how close each RV site is. The sparks from our fire were making their way to our neighbors site.

The campground is situated next to the Trout Run Trail, providing quick and easy access to the 11-mile loop or in to the city center of Decorah.

Overall, decent for a city campground, but very crowded. The tent sites near the river look more spaced out.

Always had a good time

Wen I lived in Minnesota and my boyfriend was living in iowa, this was our go-to meeting place for our weekend getaways.  We only had a few issues over the 6 times we stayed there relating to reservations….but overall, it was a positive experience.

Wow

Great camp site girlfriend and I stayed here last summer it was great friendly staff and very clean also very spacious definitely recommending

Iowa corn field roadside park

There’s a new children’s play area and and a very nice American wars memorial. The driveways are gravel and pretty level. 3 drive through sites and 4 back in spots with a few nice trees. Water electric and sewer connections at each site with a separate dump station. A shelter with men’s and women’s rest rooms. No showers. Pretty wide open and close together sites, but the sunset over the cornfields was very pretty.

Great hiking, no mosquitoes!

We stayed at Minneiska campground since Cedar Hills is under construction this year. It's a newer campground so the vegetation hasn't grown in fully yet - your neighbors are visible but there's good distance between sites so it wasn't a problem at all. The grounds themselves are really well-kept with nice bathroom facilities and hot showers, which was perfect for the cooler fall days. It's a busy park so you'll need to reserve early or plan on visiting during the week.

The hiking itself was awesome. We did the Dakota trail, which was a tough up and down hike with really incredible views of the fall colors. There's also a nice park/picnic area with beach access. I'm hoping to come back next summer to enjoy the swimming. All in all it was a great stay!

This was a nice campground with private sites. We were in site 70e and was very private and close the the showers. Lots of great hiking and forestville is very charming but tours were not running due to COVID. There was no AT&T cell coverage.

Great place to visit in the fall

We stayed at cart in site 4, which was the best of the 4 options. It’s at the end of a lookout trail that has amazing sunrise/sunset views. The hiking in this park is really great, with some amazing lookouts. Only downside is that the hum of I-90 can be heard at night.

Horrible Customer service

Tried to stay here. Booked a site over the phone, got a reservation but was not told a confirmation number or even what site number we would have. Had to get off the line quickly as they made it seem like they were too busy to talk to me. Called back weeks later to confirm and got a site number, but again seemed like I was unimportant. Called before the trip to verify that I could cancel due to covid travel restriction and was told it would be fine. When I canceled the next morning (as I was told I could do), the manager called me and rudely said that was not the case. Again, they always seemed to be too busy to take care of my needs as a guest. I wish that I could say I will try again, but this experience of poor customer service has made me sure that I will never be staying at this resort again.