The best GROUP camping near

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Bridgeport Camping Reviews
Hard to find real camping for free

Fire pits with grills and everything.

Unfortunately we were there in the dead of winter as a stop over on a road trip, but it was easy to find and easy to get into the park to the camp sites.

For just outside of Des Moines, pretty good spot.

Great lake, nice beach.

Spots to the north of the site are pretty tight and have very little grass. The lake is beautiful and the path around it is in great shape! Bathrooms and showers were nice and clean.

Great lake, nice beach.

Quiet and roomy

This campground is rather quiet and not usually busy. Each of the 10 campsites are spacious and plenty of distance between. Nice quick trails with wildlife. The park is well maintained and well priced!

Childhood Home

I grew up miles away. This is where we spent time on the beach, fishing, rentals and camping! It's definitely changed in 20 years. Last summer visit (10 yrs ago) it was ran over with loud radios and flashing lights. I haven't been back since for camping. But will never forget the good times had there!

Nice park in the spring and fall! Historical site.

Definitely a great camping place. Historical site. And a great place to rent out!

Spacious sites, beautiful lake!

The campground itself is very nice. There is a lot of space between campsites, which is awesome!  Our site had a great view of the lake, as well.   The campgrounds are a drive away from the beach and most boat ramps.  The lake was great for kayaking, but the visit to Whitebreast beach knocked the campground scored down, as I typically look for the overall experience and not just sites/facilities in my rating.  Whitebreast beach had sand at the top, leading me to believe it would be a typical sandy beach-not at all!  As you made your way further down and into the water, there was muddy, wet clay and the beach floor was slimy and muddy. I even saw a young boy lose his shoes in the wet clay! I would return to the campground and kayak the lake, but I wouldn't recommend the beach!  I'm fairly certain my grandson and I both ended up with some kind of bug bites after being there-we're both still itching!!  Yuck! There is another beach at Lake Red Rock and perhaps it is nicer/cleaner, but I would stay away from Whitebreast if you don't like your feet sliming in clay and mud!

Overall nice park

Nice park, a little run down, but there's a new park ranger in town who is trying to fix it up. New rental cabin almost finished, clean beach, boat ramp and fishing. Clean spacious bathrooms, nice playground for the kids and a really cool equestrian section. No store, no wood so get what you need before you get here.

Family Favorite

I have been going to this campground for 40 some years. Great place to fish and have family time!

Excellent

This is a beautiful state park with a very nicely laid-out campground. We always enjoy our visits to Red Haw.