Camping in Williamsburg Hill

149 Reviews of 23 Williamsburg Hill, Illinois Campgrounds

B
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Great small park!

This is a real nice small park. Each site has great privacy and has very spacious sites. Close to Eastern Illinois University and lake Charleston which has trails.

Kaitlin D.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Our fave place

This is our close to home, fave weekender site. Electric only but still love. Spaced out, gravel sites and asphalt roads. We always get sites with our own private dock to fish from. Spotty reception but it’s great to unplug.

• view from inside camper of lake
  • dock
  • our site
Russ  G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Great Overnight stop

Nice, quiet campground. Very friendly hosts, great hours, and an on-site small bar!!

Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Not much other than the lake

If you have a boat, canoe, kayak, float this is a great campsite for you. The trails were flooded and we didn’t get any internet reception, but we had some great sunrise views. Some of the spots aren’t level and not much space to put your outside gear. The bathrooms were decent.

• sunrise over lake shelbyville
t
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Not bad

A lot of golf carts driving around all day and night. Sites are a little to close. Trees in the shaded spots don’t allow you to put your awning out.

D
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Forrest Bo Woods, Corp of Engineer campground

One of the nicest on the lake. Clean, well maintained, nice spacious spots, boat ramp and parking, dog run, playground. Reservation made on Recreation.gov. Sometimes available spots for one night. Can stay for two weeks in thirty day period.

s
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Double J

I love this place,we always come camping here. It’s got every thing here on the camp

SiteN91
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Fire Fly Lakeside Digs

Got in after dark and self checkin midweek was a breeze. I got my payment confirmation first thing in the morning. I couldn’t figure out the WiFi password without standard checkin. Oh well. This space is peaceful, clean, and has a nice vibe.

• RV spot with a deck
  • welcome big and small
  • tent 1
SiteTent 1
G C.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Nice Campground

Spent a tent night here at the Deer Run portion of the camp.  It's a nice, well kept campground with clear level spots.  Bathrooms are basic and in the front of the camp loops so you have a walk if you stay in the back like I did.  Also, water is in the center of the loop so not very convenient. …

SiteDeer Run, B Loopo
Maria H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2021

Wet

The only thing wrong with this campground is when it rains you will be ankle deep in water. When dry though it is great. Clean spacious bathrooms/showers. The staff is very friendly!

SiteB7
d
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2021

Figure out how this works

Camping on the Mississippi River at tower rock was a great experience . The hosts were working hard to get the “Devil’s backbone “ campground back to a resemblance of the pre-flood accommodations . I had power , water and sewer. $25 per night . I’m thankful for being able to sit on the sandbar…

Sitethe best one
sThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

My favorite kind of campsites

Campground is off the beaten path, lots of space to spread out, and the top 4 amenities (electricity, water, flush toilets and showers). It’s not the cleanest bathrooms but certainly not the worst. Close to a Walmart for all your need and great sunsets too. Plus pets are allowed

• campsite #5
  • sign details. a campground rep found me around 7pm to collect my fee
  • bathrooms and showers
Ronald C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

nice campground

stayed  here one night . The staff was very friendly and made sure we had everything.

had a site next to the river. the place was very clean and plenty to do around the area .

J
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Good place for a layover

It is really close to the highway and you will hear the traffic. We were on the row closest to the highway and they had spots in the back by the woods that were probably better. With that being said... Really nice staff. Very clean grounds and bathrooms/showers.

D
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

All pull thru sites!!

Called last minute on a Saturday, I had to leave a message and was hoping someone would call me back! Within five minutes, I had a call back and a lovely pull through site reserved for a one night stay on a Saturday night in May!!! The folks were extremely friendly and the sites are all pull…