The best WALK IN camping near
St. Johns , ILLINOIS

Most Recent St. Johns Camping Reviews
Always a favorite

I have literally spent weeks here. I used to come out here alone for a week to prepare for big college exams. Such a peaceful atmosphere. Great place for families and a big choice in types of sites.

Love the wildlife

Beautiful and spacious camp sights in a quiet environment. We have had deer playing on an adjacent site to us. Fun place to camp with family and friends. Never want to leave.

Oh what fun it is to——

A favorite of ours. Small but clean. Beach access. Spent many weekends here.

My kind of place.

Big sites. Been coming here since the trees were just saplings. For us it is a little farther drive but a pretty campground.

Nice Campground

Stayed here many times. So much fun and memories. Campground with a pool, store, bath houses. Could use some updates but very family frie.

Beautiful secluded spot. Careful if wet.

Beautiful location. Definitely off the beaten path. There was another group of campers but they camped on the trail. Grave Road getting there was a bit rough for my Ram Promaster. Hill down to trail head could get slick if wet weather. Was alittle nervous getting out after it had rained. But luckily it wasn't to much rain. Definitely coming back when warmer.

Pretty but not very level

This is a nice campground on Rend Lake. The sites themselves are nice and the lake is beautiful! Our only issue is that the sites on not very level. Ours had a significant slope when we backed up the electric hookups. But it was a concrete pad with a concrete picnic table, firepit, and a tall hook for a light or garbage out of bear's reach. We saw a nice playground for kids. We would stay here again, just scout for a more level site.

Great campground

Site 26. We were basically by ourselves being mid week in November. Great view. Nice camp hosts. This place looks like it could get pretty full in the summer. It has its own swimming pool. Wish we could stay one more night.

Nice secluded spot

Was able to find the camping right away. There was one other group set up. Nice roomy sites with fire rings. After setting up I took a great hike on the nearby trails connected to Jackson falls. Some wonderful hiking and an abundance of climbing! I did some free climbing on small boulders and managed to climb my way back to the top of the gorge. Upon returning i noticed the other camp had left the grounds to myself. Rain came over night and eventually forced my hand to leave the next day and dry out. Definitely going back. Careful with the rain, the camp is right on the stream so I woke to being surrounded by streams. The path out is also very steep. I was able to handle it with a small car but any more mud or rain I would have been stuck. good luck!

Go Swimming

This wonderful camping area is beautiful with clean campsites. With picnic areas and a beach close you and the family will have a good time and make new friends. With sevral areas to choose from this is a wonderful campground.