The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Raleigh , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Raleigh Camping Reviews
Beautiful secluded spot. Careful if wet.

Beautiful location. Definitely off the beaten path. There was another group of campers but they camped on the trail. Grave Road getting there was a bit rough for my Ram Promaster. Hill down to trail head could get slick if wet weather. Was alittle nervous getting out after it had rained. But luckily it wasn't to much rain. Definitely coming back when warmer.

Great alternative

Motorcycle camping across America and I wanted to see grades of the gods. What I didn’t want was to camp on top of someone else … Garden of the Gods camp was, in a word, awful. Cadiz was spacious, quiet, and the other campers wanted to camp not party. Stayed an extra day because of it

Pretty but not very level

This is a nice campground on Rend Lake. The sites themselves are nice and the lake is beautiful! Our only issue is that the sites on not very level. Ours had a significant slope when we backed up the electric hookups. But it was a concrete pad with a concrete picnic table, firepit, and a tall hook for a light or garbage out of bear's reach. We saw a nice playground for kids. We would stay here again, just scout for a more level site.

Nice location

A park on the outskirts of Evansville Indiana. Has many things to do for the weekend. Many nearby attractions and activities. They have primitive tent sites RV sites with E&W,some also have sewer. Stay the weekend or up to 3 months or longer.

Basic campsite in a great location

Basic car camping campsites with a picnic table, fire ring and a food pole at each site. The sites were clean the night I was there but the water seems to have been already turned off for the season (late October). There are vault style outhouses and an honor system check in box $15/night. The best part of this campsite is it’s a 5-10 minute walk to main trail/recreation area as well as the various other trails in the area.

Nice secluded spot

Was able to find the camping right away. There was one other group set up. Nice roomy sites with fire rings. After setting up I took a great hike on the nearby trails connected to Jackson falls. Some wonderful hiking and an abundance of climbing! I did some free climbing on small boulders and managed to climb my way back to the top of the gorge. Upon returning i noticed the other camp had left the grounds to myself. Rain came over night and eventually forced my hand to leave the next day and dry out. Definitely going back. Careful with the rain, the camp is right on the stream so I woke to being surrounded by streams. The path out is also very steep. I was able to handle it with a small car but any more mud or rain I would have been stuck. good luck!

Majestic Landscape of Geological Formations

This place really is "Of the Gods".  The Geological formations are very majestic.  It is so different from the rest of the state of IL.  AMAZING place to visit.

Please be careful if you bring children or those that like to wander.  It is can be dangerous if one goes without caution.  I'm pretty sure this is the kind of place where the phrase "slipped through the cracks" was coined.  There are many cracks and various rocks that someone can slip on or through or fall off of, so be careful.

Some of the most incredible scenery ever and the trails allow access to everything.  I am ready to go back, it is so beautiful.

A Great Place To Camp!

We’ve Camped At Gun A Few Times Now And Have Had A Great Experience Every Time!!

This Is A Great Spot To Camp

Gun Creek has many sites for all campers. For cheap you get a simple site with electric or for not too much more there are sites with water and sewage dump.

Fall time

Beautiful fall foliage. No falls since it hasn't rained in a while. Great hike around. Campsites were plentiful, alot of cars driving in late at night. Toliet was clean and open. Bring everything you need, there is no water source and bring lots of wood. We scavenged wood from the hills around but ultimately had to leave and purchase wood.