The best WALK IN camping near
Pennington Point , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Pennington Point Camping Reviews
Beautiful State Park

My favorite thing about Jubilee is how quiet it is. The abundant forest, trails and the creek going through the park make this an ideal place to visit during spring and fall. Summer is ok too but may get a bit hot in Central Illinois for my taste. The campsites and campground are very nice. Electric only with water available and a dump station. Great local piece of nature and peace to disconnect and reset.

Nice place!

Catch and release fishing, small beach area with volleyball. Sites are small but clean. Bath house is clean and well maintained. Live music on the weekend. Definitely a heavy-drinking crowd. Camp store. It's in the middle of nowhere but only about 20 minutes to the nearest small town. No Verizon wireless service here or anywhere for about a 45 mile radius.

Loved it!

We rented two cabins for the weekend and loved the place. Cabins were modern and clean overlooking the pond. They offer kayaks, canoes, and peddle boats free to campers. There is an open cabin with games, books, and WiFi. Basketball court, play area, and outdoor games. Staff were friendly and helpful. Truly a gem of a find.

Convenient and really well maintained. Great place for travelers with pets.

Right off highway 80 we stopped in for the night on our way out West and wound up staying 2. Very clean park with lots of shade. Spaces are a bit close together but the grounds make up for it. There's a huge amount of green space surrounding the campsites and even a fishing  pond on site. Our dogs loved the GIGANTIC dog area. Lots of grass to run off their energy.  Full hook ups at a reasonable nightly rate.

The owners were very kind and made us feel welcome. Highly recommend.

Perfect location when traveling

My Husband were traveling to Montana and this campground was right off the freeway. The grounds are well maintained and the hosts were amazing. They helped you get to your site and get lined up. All sites are pull thru with full hookups. The grounds have lots of mature trees so shade is plenty. There is a very large area to walk your dogs and they have centrally located pet disposal can. They have a pond which was nice to walk the dogs around. I liked that the campground was quiet as we went to bed early in order to get an early start the next day. Keep in mind there are no showers which for us wasn’t an issue but some people might not have that option. We will use them again for sure!!

We love camping at Argyle!

Our kids love argyle for the paved roads they can easily ride bikes on, the 2 playgrounds and the room to run! We love it because of the spacious sites and options to hike and bike.

Great Spot

We are so thankful we found this park. Most occupants are simi-annual residents, but there are still several nice, quiet, shady spots to be found. Everyone is friendly. There are 2 clean but dated bathhouses available. It’s the most reasonably priced campsite that we have found so far.

My favorite spot

I’ve camped here several times at the primitive sites. It’s a decent hike in but once you get there, the view of the lake is worth it. It’s just a nice, peaceful place to camp. I’ve always been able to find a campsite since it is first come first serve. The host is very friendly and seems like he’s been the host there for years. They have canoes to rent and you’re bound to see cranes and ducks along the way. Just be weary of the geese by the reservoir because they can be moody! My boyfriend and I try to go at least once a year because we just love it there.

Nice campsite

This is a nice campsite that is just outside of town. Very good for a quick get away. Very nice host at checkin.

Nice quiet place

Nice quiet place, lots of areas to fish and take a kayak, or paddle boat.