McNabb , ILLINOIS

Most Recent McNabb Camping Reviews
Fishing and Boating fun

Love going to this campground. Always nice and clean. Bath/showers are very clean with hot water. Nicely kept grounds with a beautiful lake for dock and boat fishing. You can rent boats and they have a nice camping store. Downside, not too many other things to do. Long drive to get into town and not much there but a gas station and grocery store.

Lovely Campground

Spacious areas, lovely host. Was able to relax & enjoy nature!

Fall Camping at Shabbona

We have been to Shabbona a few times, and have always had a great time!  We really enjoy their pontoon boat rentals and fishing.  The view from our site was great.  Appreciated the little path behind our site that lead to the water.  My kiddos enjoyed hiking throughout and catching frogs.  I was disappointed that the water was already turned off (the lady at the store said she thinks it was due to covid??).  It was also disappointing that the camp store closed on a Saturday, didn't give notice that the last day to buy firewood was on Friday, and then it would be first come, first serve.  Because of the water/campstore closing I did give it 4 stars instead of 5.  My husband said the latrines in Canvasback Cove were "decent".  The main shower house with flushing toilets was clean.  Sites are not very private, but the fall colors made up for it.  We did name the tree our camper was under "baby spider tree".  Oddly, our last day we woke up to TONS of baby spiders all over our campsite dangling from the tree… pretty gross, but we can laugh about it now, lol.  Overall, we will be back next spring since it is a close campground.  May try a campsite in the other circle.

Perfect Camp Site

This place has beautiful views of illinois river. Nice sized campsites. Everything was clean and well taken care of! Not a lot of amenities, however that isn’t what camping is all about! Full hook ups at a reasonable price. Each site also has a picnic table and fire pit. The guy that runs the place is AWESOME! So nice and willing to help with anything you need. This park is close to town, so if anything is needed you are only minutes away. LOVED camping here & will definitely be back :)

True definition of camping

We went camping for the weekend and absolutely loved this place! Full hookups was a huge plus and at $44 a night a very reasonable rate for full hookups. The owner is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet in your life. Friendly, caring and very down to earth. He treats you like a friend, not a customer. Camp ground was very clean. No garbage anywhere. I will say, it's not paved roads n pretty public buildings but that's not what camping is about! Nice gravel lanes with well manicured sights. Firewood for sale and picnic tables n firepits on all the sights. Headed back next weekend !!

Nice Place

This is a nice, quiet little campground. The sites up on the hill are nicely spaced out and deep. We will definitely be back. The only issue we had was the narrow road up the hill, I would hat to be half way up and meet another camper coming down.

Well kept and all around great campground

This campground had spacious sites with several different sections suited towards camper trailers and tents. I stayed in the outback in my tent and had no neighbors so that was great! With a general store, laundry, and very clean bathrooms and showers there isn’t much you would need to leave for. Only reason I didn’t give it a 5 star is because I was told check out time was 2pm when it was actually earlier than that and I missed it by maybe 30 mins. An older employee came by and was a prick about it threatening to charge me another $32 for barely missing the time even though there was no rush to leave with no one coming in behind me.

Great place

Been camping here a couple times! Really fun, the have boat rentals, and fishing. Only down fall is the sites were too close to each other

Nice campsite

This is a nice campsite that is just outside of town. Very good for a quick get away. Very nice host at checkin.

It's Abandon campground we lost our money.

We booked for 9 people and Pleasant creek booked three Cabins 212, 213 and 312 they says these cabins were AC We paid $700.

Few in our group were hanicape.  after reservation and credit card charged we had few questions we made at least 20 calls no one picked. I live in Bolingbrook Illinois bcz I booked and was responsible drove to this place 2 hrs to check out.

Found out this place was abandant, no cabins, and looked scary and closed. I came back trying to ask my monhey back no answer or E mails replies. This place is a scam please be careful. I also, filed a police report lost my money not happy and very embrassed in front of my group.

Please, do not trust this place and do not book on credit card I lost my money.

Thanks,