Camping in Houston

222 Reviews of 40 Houston, Illinois Campgrounds

Bill P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Large sites

This is a very nice campground with very large back in spots in the reserved area. There are restrooms but no trash dumpsters in the camping area. Very well shaded but no real view of the lake.

• what I wish we could see from any site
  • restroom
  • camping spots
c
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Not a good experience

The sites were fine but the pit toilets were filthy. They also have a problem with skunks. One came through in the middle of the night. Luckily it didn’t spray our tent.

Elisha S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Peaceful

I went camping alone and there weren’t too many people here but I know if I screamed there would be people that heard me lol spectrum Mobile works out here and the lake is beautiful.

Morgan S.
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

The perfect park

We absolutely love this park. It’s just under an hour from St. Louis, with river access, amazing hiking trails & great views. Very clean campsites with lots of shade for tent campers & nice level lots. There is even a swimming pool if the river isn’t your thing & a couple playgrounds…

kent F.
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Coles Creek

Core of Engineers built and run this campground, Clean,sites are spaced out nicely.

Jamey W.
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2021

Nice place but rules are a joke

We stopped for the night on our way to Georgia. Booking was easy and price was average. The property itself is beautiful. Spots are intermingled in the trees and it is spectacular in the morning. The pool is better then most hotels and the giant trampoline looked like it would be my daughters…

• pets left out alone and barking early in the morning
  • the highway is super close but it's still extremely beautiful
SiteA4
M
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2021

Beautiful Family Friendly

Well kept, clean sites. Friendly and helpful gate staff. Large sites.

Jamie K.
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2021

Ok 👌

CAMPSITE ok seen alot of people that are homeless

S
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

My experience at Draft Kings at Casino Queen RV park

I haves stayed at Casino Queen RV Park several times..It’s always very clean and I always feel very safe..it’s easy clean in and clean out…you have to have a code to get into the gate..pets are allowed..the only down side is the train..which runs all night..

Ben S.
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

THE VIEW

GREAT location for camping, especially if you run out of items and need to get something close by. Very natural, and amazing views and the feel is spectacular.

SiteB4
R
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Secure parking lot with full hookups

You need a code to get in the gate, so you must register in advance. It was hot in late July and with no trees on the larger sites, it seemed hotter. But the full hookups worked great with no issues. There is train noise but we couldn’t hear it with the air conditioners running.

Joe W.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Homeless sheltet

This is NOT a RV park not a place to stay .... not even to go near

It is a homeless CAMP

Melanie F.
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Amazing!

Years ago this was my families favorite place to camp. After. Many years things just weren’t what they used to be. THINGS HAVE CHANGED! I LOVED IT! It’s perfect again. So clean, great people. It’s not your typical (packed in like sardines) rv park by any means. It’s far from that. It’s peaceful…

Siteloop A, A31
A
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Nice stay

Campground clean, peaceful, campsites are paved, ours was pitched, Tmobile data slow