The best BOAT IN camping near
Glasgow , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Glasgow Camping Reviews
Great state park near St Louis

Great well maintained state park right outside of St Louis. Park has an awesome trail system around the lake, and it looks like you can rent canoes/kayaks in the summer (was not open in the winter).

Perfect

Best campground hands down mellow and friendly

Lovely Primitive Campground

Stayed one night in July. We tent camped in site 1 of the primitive campground. There are 7 sites well spaced with a picnic table, fire ring, trash can and three sided shelter in each site. Pit toilets are in the middle. Each site is along the tree line with plenty of shade. These are walk in sites ranging from 0.10 miles to 0.50 miles from the parking lot. Just $6 a night. Hiking trails, kayaking and fishing are available but we didn’t get a chance to take advantage of those things. Very friendly and helpful campground host drove over from the RV campground to register us and even offered to take our stuff to our site. Great experience. Only 3 sites in use on a Friday night.

I’ve been coming here since I was a kid...

We always stay in the main campground area. Either in a normal camper, pop-up, or tent, Siloam is a perfect place to stay. The bathroom and showers are good, and the walk from the main circle of sites is super close. The pines give great cover when hot and add that familiar pine sent to the whole park.

From hiking to fishing to boating/kayaking, there is a lot offered. I prefer to spend most of my time hiking and every once in a while, I will rent a kayak. The trails are pretty well marked and are best in mid/late fall or early spring. We’ve redone them numerous times and still enjoy them. My favorite trails are the Red Oak and Hoot Owl!

My family and I have always enjoyed Siloam Springs as a good weekend getaway!

Great place

Such a nice camp ground. Pads are level the store is stocked with whatever you might forget. Great rates. The shower house is wonderful. I stay in my camper 6 or 7 months out of the year and I wish I could find a place like this more often. Only thing that would make it better would be a few more shade trees.

Great family friendly campground

Great place to stay and feel part of the community.  Pretty scenery to walk around.  Plenty of lakes/ponds to fish.  We couldn't boat while there due to COVID but look forward to going back and taking our kayaks.  Attentive and Friendly camp hosts. Pet friendly. Close to town if you've forgotten anything or want to have a restaurant dinner. Close to the highway for easy access.  Full hookup available. Monthly or Season also available.

Plenty of room

This park has plenty of well groomed trails and facilities spread out nicely. You could camp here for a weekend and stay busy. We live in Wentzville so it’s an easy jog up 61 to get away. If you stay here, make sure to check out the trail around the lake 👌🏼

We had the place to ourselves

It was March, it was cold at night, but this ADA cabin had heat & electric, 5 beds with mattresses, beds with mattresses (2 pr bunks beds in the second room). Cement sidewalks from parking area to toilets & cabins, each with a waterfront view, fire pit & picnic table. From our cabin we walked grassy paths to a lovely bridge. Around the pond's perimeter are dispersed sites for tent-camping or possibly day-use. It was a challenge to find the park entrance, at night, and the closest small town is about 10-miles away. The very reasonable cost was transacted online.

Great place!

Very clean and well kept. The campsites, the showers, everything.  Very affordable.  I will definitely go back.

Not my favorite campsites

We stayed in the full hookups. It’s a very uneven gravel pad to start with. The campfire sits right next to the camper and the sites are very close together. So the sites are far from glamorous. But there were two close by trails that were very nice. They had offered a class about Mo snakes and a class on how to build fire with flint that our kids really enjoyed. We didn’t make it to the beach because we enjoyed the creek so much. The kids loved using the net to catch small fish and crawdads, throwing rocks and playing in the water. It was fun to explore. So 3 stars cause the campsites were not great but lots of fun to be had on the actual campgrounds! We will still be going back.