The best RV SITES camping near
Fidelity , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Fidelity Camping Reviews
Perfect

Best campground hands down mellow and friendly

Recommended

The casino complex was closed due to COVID. Reservations are online and they email you the gate code and WiFi code. Security is proactive in patrols and are friendly and helpful. No frills but a great view of the arch. Centrally located and across the bridge from downtown.

Close to STL, beautiful bathrooms, restaurant on site, after hours check in

I specifically would like to point out things that I look for when booking because I’m usually already on the road when trying to find a place to stay. There was after hours check in! But also a so friendly staff in the office. Beautiful coded bathrooms with showers. They were heated and warm and very well marked.
We did get a 30amp spot, because we have a van with solar panels and didn’t need to hook up. From doing this we were placed under street lights so they were always on and bright directly on our van. The next night they let us move to a 50 amp. The 50 amp spaces were the only ones with firepits. Rvs are close to one another but I was completely okay with that. There was road noise, quite a bit. But large trash bins and a great bbq restaurant on the grounds! I was planning on grabbing a gallon of milk when we got there…there really is nothing around the rv park! Maybe a couple gas stations at best, but if you need groceries or anything, stop and get them before you get close. Stop in the town before.

Oh and an awesome playground for the kids!!

Great time

Had an excellent time, good views of the lake and not many people. Campsites were decent and the shower/toilet facilities too.

Great place for RVs

veryone was super helpful and friendly. The campsites were a little close together and there were a lot of campers. They've got great ammenities: 30/50amp, water, sewer, wifi, pool, showers, fire rings, and a trash dumpster. They even filled up my LP on site. There's a small site for primitive camping by the pond with a gazebo to fish off of.

No Camping

There is a homemade sign that says no camping. I wish we would have known that before we got here. As far as I could tell the website said it’s open.

Saw no Beaver

Beaver Dam State Park, Il

We did an overnighter here. We arrived in time to get a hike in before dinner meal.

The trail map is very basic and not totally accurate. The trails are poorly marked but with basic knowledge of your compass points you can figure them out. Staff may be limited due to Corona , so the trail maintenance may have suffered, it is overgrown in several areas. The overlook to the marsh is pretty cool. I found no mileage for the trails , there may be a purchasable map with more information or of course a trail App. The lake is picturesque and busy. Lotsa fisher people here. The trail goes all the way around the lake with several fishing spots. Theres a boat ramp near the parking area and several docks to use across the lake. A nice feature is located next to the boat ramp, a fish cleaning pavilion complete with pull down hoses.

The campground had an interesting set up. The sites in the loops are gravel and you have room but not a lot of privacy. I was in site 26 and you have to back between the two other sites into this one. Not difficult in my van but it could get interesting with a camper. I don’t think you would have the room to pull in and circle out. Electric at these sites , no water. There were hydrants spaces throughout for your water needs. The fire “rings” were interesting, with a flat “platform” to set your coals/fire on. Nice campground, I felt like somewhat of an outsider here, the occupants were possibly locals who obviously use the entire 14 day stay limit. Otherwise nice, basic, water activity centered campground. I did not see any swimming areas.

Nice close park to St. Louis

Pet-friendly, full hookups, space for our larger rig and parking around for extra vehicle. Laundry and propane on site. Spaces were a little close together, but minutes from downtown St. Louis, and staff was friendly and accommodating. Also, fantastic restaurant right on site -- Sawmill BBQ!

Great Campground!

We have stayed here twice, and will stay again for sure when in the area. Fantastic camp hosts, large pull through spots, pool, mini golf, and more. Very convenient to get too and the check in is very fast.