Camping in Doyles

230 Reviews of 32 Doyles, Illinois Campgrounds

pThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Serene site

For my Tent only camp site. I loved it. It’s spacious it’s for the most part shaded. It is right next to the lake. I get some views. In the pictures I posted you’ll see what I’m talking about. As far as the campground I did take a drive around it’s pretty big n has a lot of shaded sites. I think…

• Home sweet home for seven days
  • Unfortunately the bushes were there. If they were gone you’d have a better view of the lake
k
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Nice wooded spots

We had spot 234, big, wooded, close to clean shower house, close to playground. State park is great hiking. Avoid the inner part of that loop if you want any shade, it is an open area.

Ryne T.
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Quite Lake View

Our FHU site was very easy to access and a very level well graveled site. The site is full shade and wooded with a nice fire pit and lantern post. It is spaced well and you face the lake, so the camper blocks any noise from the rest of the loop. My wife has commented several times about how…

Brett K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great group camping

We stayed for a long weekend. Large group set up in sites 236-244. Great shaded area. Lots of play space for the kids.

• looking up the road from 243
  • looking up the road from 243

Four Stars because of the Dog Park

This campground has a dog park and beautiful views, but the sites are very crowded.  There are full hook up sites and electric only.  If you like the party atmosphere, this place is for you.  If you like a more spread out and quiet park, look at Lithia Springs or Opossum.  Your park pass from any…

Best Campground in Lake Shelbeyville

This campground is well spaced and offers both privacy and full hook ups.  In addition there is a marina in walking distance and it is a short drive to the Dam Project Office and Visitor Center.

Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Tent sites have amazing view, RV Full hook-ups close, electric only spaced

There are  81 sites in total, 17 tent with electric, 17 full hook up  and the remaining are electric RV sites. There are 6 water hydrants in the park that make it easy for all not water sites to fill up with their hose.  There is a dump station, boat launch and fish cleaning station.   There is one…

• Campsite 11
  • Campsite 11
  • Dam at COE
N
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Shakamak State Park

A little known State Park.. Campground was awesome. Large sites, lots of outside activities, and great camp hosts. Will definitely be back. The park is making several upgrades should be an even better place on next visit.

Kevin D.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Clean-good trails

Stayed Spring 2021. Site 108 is clean, level and well groomed. Close to bath house facilities.

Steve D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Been going here since I was a kid

I love this place. The campground is pretty packed but with hiking as good as they have, I’m not surprised. I’d definitely do some hiking and I recommend canoeing sugarcreek as well.

Ronald C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

nice campground

stayed  here one night . The staff was very friendly and made sure we had everything.

had a site next to the river. the place was very clean and plenty to do around the area .

Brett K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Great camping spot

Love this clean and quite campground. It has a clean lake and clean restrooms.

• near the south point of the peninsula.
Douglas B.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Great hiking trails

Well maintained trails and campground. We love everything about this place.

Site110?
Month of VisitOctober
Jeremie B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Great Park

This is a Great Park, my wife and I camp here all the time. Large sites, because they are very wooded lots of shade, not far from downtown, also close to shopping (i.e. Walmart, Meijer). Lots to do in the park as well, fishing, archery, bike riding, canoe/kiak dock, and lots of very nice trails for…

Site19,26,16,39,27