Camping in Bushton

107 Reviews of 14 Bushton, Illinois Campgrounds

Josh H.
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Nice place to stay.

Nice place to stay. Camp hosts are great. AT&T has good phone service. Only one dumpster for trash and it's at the entrance to the campground. Shower house is clean and well maintained.

Month of VisitOctober
Nancy B.
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

We stopped in for the night on our way west. The check in was easy and the young lady was helpful in picking us a great spot. It’s quiet and very clean! If we lived closer I would definitely come back!!!

B
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Great small park!

This is a real nice small park. Each site has great privacy and has very spacious sites. Close to Eastern Illinois University and lake Charleston which has trails.

Russ  G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Great Overnight stop

Nice, quiet campground. Very friendly hosts, great hours, and an on-site small bar!!

Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Not much other than the lake

If you have a boat, canoe, kayak, float this is a great campsite for you. The trails were flooded and we didn’t get any internet reception, but we had some great sunrise views. Some of the spots aren’t level and not much space to put your outside gear. The bathrooms were decent.

• sunrise over lake shelbyville
M
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

3rd time here

We've stayed here for a few nights in the past. We have peaceful, quiet nights, nice facilities, good Wi-Fi, shade. We always enjoy our stay.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Fire Fly Lakeside Digs

Got in after dark and self checkin midweek was a breeze. I got my payment confirmation first thing in the morning. I couldn’t figure out the WiFi password without standard checkin. Oh well. This space is peaceful, clean, and has a nice vibe.

• RV spot with a deck
  • welcome big and small
  • tent 1
SiteTent 1
Bianca R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Great place for easy hiking

Generally well kept. Two large lakes on the property for fishing. A handful of trails that are easy to moderate.

T
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Peaceful Campground

We stayed on site 39. Quiet view of woods and part of cove. Plenty of parking and can walk down to the lake. Water hookup and electric. Full hookups available closer to front of park. We like quiet and this site was great. I tent camp too and the sites at the end of our "leg" look great. …

• Boat ramp at Opossum Creek Campground
Mike  D.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Great Views and well maintained campground.

We got 4 families from our block together to get down to this campground for the 4th of July weekend. We reserved sites 27, 28 and 29.  27 is right down by the water and has amazing views. We used this as our hang-out and cooking area. I'd suggest getting 27 and 28 as they are kind of on top of…

• From from 28 to 27
  • Site 27
Site27, 28 and 29
d
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2021

Figure out how this works

Camping on the Mississippi River at tower rock was a great experience . The hosts were working hard to get the “Devil’s backbone “ campground back to a resemblance of the pre-flood accommodations . I had power , water and sewer. $25 per night . I’m thankful for being able to sit on the sandbar…

Sitethe best one
patricia D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Serene site

For my Tent only camp site. I loved it. It’s spacious it’s for the most part shaded. It is right next to the lake. I get some views. In the pictures I posted you’ll see what I’m talking about. As far as the campground I did take a drive around it’s pretty big n has a lot of shaded sites. I think…

• Home sweet home for seven days
  • Unfortunately the bushes were there. If they were gone you’d have a better view of the lake
Ryne T.
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Quite Lake View

Our FHU site was very easy to access and a very level well graveled site. The site is full shade and wooded with a nice fire pit and lantern post. It is spaced well and you face the lake, so the camper blocks any noise from the rest of the loop. My wife has commented several times about how…

Debra M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Four Stars because of the Dog Park

This campground has a dog park and beautiful views, but the sites are very crowded.  There are full hook up sites and electric only.  If you like the party atmosphere, this place is for you.  If you like a more spread out and quiet park, look at Lithia Springs or Opossum.  Your park pass from any…

Debra M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Best Campground in Lake Shelbeyville

This campground is well spaced and offers both privacy and full hook ups.  In addition there is a marina in walking distance and it is a short drive to the Dam Project Office and Visitor Center.