The best WALK IN camping near
Bunje , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Bunje Camping Reviews
Very quiet

This KOA is in a rural area. The signage to get there was very good, plus we had our GPS to help out. This area is QUIET! No trains, no interstate noise. It was great after a long day traveling. Bathrooms/showers are very clean& decorated nicely. Staff was courteous. Our site was fine. This KOA has many family activities, including a pool, mini golf, jumping pillow& a huge field for the kids to play. Cell service was fine.

Only bad thing- While checking in, the lady told me we couldn't use our sewer. She said the whole row was backing up. Since the dump station was also in this line, we couldn't dump. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I talked my husband out of dumping when we left the state park we were at because we were going to a KOA with a full hookup site! We camped at Springfield KOA Journey in a Travel Trailer.

Very nice camping

Lots to do and see. They have a bridge and trail that connect campsite to marina. Looove it

Loved camping here

I camped here in a tent before we had an rv. The primitive sites were perfectly quiet and away from others. Toilet was close and so was parking. I kind of miss tent camping!!!

It was ok

Positives: Really nice people at check in. It does have 30 amp service even though this app shows it doesn’t. 30 pound water pressure. Nice level concrete pad with a picnic table. Right off highway 370.

Opportunities for Improvement: Expensive for what you get. On Lambert international airports flight path, next to a major train trestle, right next to Highway 370. No campfires. Very industrial around the park. Very urban environment. Approached by a person wanting to know if I had “some.”

Home!!!

We have a permanent lake lot here. The marina is small and basic. Actually everything is basic here but it's still great to have 10 minutes from home.

Great 1st campground expereince

I was nervous to camp here due to the bad reveiws about the owner yelling at people and calling the police. We just got a new 40ft 5th wheel and we had never taken our previous camper to a campground. We're pretty much newbies. Check in was ok. They kept radioing the front desk worker changing the spot she was to put us in. When we got to our spot it was blocked. I had to call about 7 or 8 times to get anyone to answer to find out what to do. I was so worried the owner was going to come and get angry. Someone finally answered, the owner came over and was very friendly. We got parked and settled. It rained a lot while we were here and of course our stairs landed right in a mud puddle but it was mostly well drained and clear water on the gravel. The gravel could be a bit thicker but it was decent. The shower house was clean bit cold. Heater was set to 55. I'm sure not many use the shower house this time of year. We had a lot of dirty towel from cleaning our dogs paws so much so we wanted to wash a load of towels. It took over 3 hours to dry out towels. Eek. But so far so good.

Our Home Away From Home

It's not anything fancy but it has the basics.

A nice quick stay.

In and out here for an overnight. No issues nice facility.