The best BOAT IN camping near
Bath , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Bath Camping Reviews
Nice and quiet campground

We came in for Thanksgiving. We had a great spot!!! The campground was clean and quiet!! Enjoyed camping here.. Will definitely camp here again when we go visit family… We stayed in Spot 8 … It was also a short walk to the Illinois River!!!

We love camping at Argyle!

Our kids love argyle for the paved roads they can easily ride bikes on, the 2 playgrounds and the room to run! We love it because of the spacious sites and options to hike and bike.

Great Spot

We are so thankful we found this park. Most occupants are simi-annual residents, but there are still several nice, quiet, shady spots to be found. Everyone is friendly. There are 2 clean but dated bathhouses available. It’s the most reasonably priced campsite that we have found so far.

My favorite spot

I’ve camped here several times at the primitive sites. It’s a decent hike in but once you get there, the view of the lake is worth it. It’s just a nice, peaceful place to camp. I’ve always been able to find a campsite since it is first come first serve. The host is very friendly and seems like he’s been the host there for years. They have canoes to rent and you’re bound to see cranes and ducks along the way. Just be weary of the geese by the reservoir because they can be moody! My boyfriend and I try to go at least once a year because we just love it there.

Lovely Primitive Campground

Stayed one night in July. We tent camped in site 1 of the primitive campground. There are 7 sites well spaced with a picnic table, fire ring, trash can and three sided shelter in each site. Pit toilets are in the middle. Each site is along the tree line with plenty of shade. These are walk in sites ranging from 0.10 miles to 0.50 miles from the parking lot. Just $6 a night. Hiking trails, kayaking and fishing are available but we didn’t get a chance to take advantage of those things. Very friendly and helpful campground host drove over from the RV campground to register us and even offered to take our stuff to our site. Great experience. Only 3 sites in use on a Friday night.

I’ve been coming here since I was a kid...

We always stay in the main campground area. Either in a normal camper, pop-up, or tent, Siloam is a perfect place to stay. The bathroom and showers are good, and the walk from the main circle of sites is super close. The pines give great cover when hot and add that familiar pine sent to the whole park.

From hiking to fishing to boating/kayaking, there is a lot offered. I prefer to spend most of my time hiking and every once in a while, I will rent a kayak. The trails are pretty well marked and are best in mid/late fall or early spring. We’ve redone them numerous times and still enjoy them. My favorite trails are the Red Oak and Hoot Owl!

My family and I have always enjoyed Siloam Springs as a good weekend getaway!

We had the place to ourselves

It was March, it was cold at night, but this ADA cabin had heat & electric, 5 beds with mattresses, beds with mattresses (2 pr bunks beds in the second room). Cement sidewalks from parking area to toilets & cabins, each with a waterfront view, fire pit & picnic table. From our cabin we walked grassy paths to a lovely bridge. Around the pond's perimeter are dispersed sites for tent-camping or possibly day-use. It was a challenge to find the park entrance, at night, and the closest small town is about 10-miles away. The very reasonable cost was transacted online.

Inexpensive

Quiet but tight spots. Along the Illinois River. Includes showers and laundry house.

Secluded Gem

Nicely kept lake campground. Spots 56-60 overlook the boat docks. Bass fishing is good here. Showers are doable but don’t ever seem to be truly clean. Kayaking and canoeing is great here also. Cabins are small, rustic with no AC or water but are all nicely placed on the water. Campsites don’t have any shade. Drawbacks: dirty showers, no beach/swimming.

Very nice!

This is a really nice campground but the only downside is that it can be pretty windy. Nice sites with some that are right on the lake.