The best RV SITES camping near
Advance , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Advance Camping Reviews
Peaceful

Super nice campground for any camper they have two campsites one is more open and clean, other is more wooded and secluded! Have camp here multiple times and will definitely go back!

older campground

Granted we arrived after some heavy rain (I guess), but it was tough to get around without walking thru mud.   Taking the dogs out for their business you came in with a filthy animal.    The sites were really tight and it was tough moving around the campground with a 41ft 5th wheel.    Saw other large rigs having difficulty getting into sites,

Interesting!

We stopped here for a night. There is a restaurant near but it was closed. Mostly long term occupants with about 5 sites for travelers. It is on airport property and there is a helicopter service there. For the price we would stay again.

Small Lake And Beautiful

It's a small campground that offers a playground,bathhouse, hiking trails, and a small swimming area. There is easy access walking down to the marina. With small towns close to this state park.

Great fishing

Fishing areas are plentiful here. We rented a primitive cabin and it had the bare minimum.

Great!

Camping spots are spacious but fill up quickly for the season. Boating, fishing, and lake swimming/beach area are great. The bath houses have vault toilets. Many weekends they have live music and/or activities for the family. Local officers patrol the area during busy weekends and the park is staffed at the gatehouse 24/7 where ice and firewood is sold. Playgrounds, basketball court, and plenty of open space for other activities. They also have boat rentals now!

Small secluded campground

Mostly seasonal campers. No sewage hookup, but does have a dump station. Subpar bathrooms with one shower for men and two for women, very low water pressure. This location is for those who like to fish, right across the road from East Fork Lake. There is an awesome fish cleaning area with a nice table, electric, water, and a sink. The place is very clean and quiet! Also home of the white squirrel!!

Great Fall Weekend at Coon Creek

We spent the weekend at Coon Creek and had a great time.  I enjoyed our Site #14.  There was a path behind our site that led to a private "beach". Brought my camp chair down the path, and enjoyed my coffee enjoying the lake view while my kiddos were hunting for more frogs.  There are flushing toilets, but weren't that great to me… doors wouldn't lock and there were no soap dispensers. Other than that we really enjoyed our stay.

Beautiful/Quiet during week!

We stopped in to Wolf Creek State Park later in the day on a Wednesday after trying to stop at a different campground that was closed. We were worried about finding a spot as the sun was going down so we called even though no one usually answers phones at state parks (esp during COVID). The woman that answered was SO nice and I was so happy to hear a voice on the other end. So that’s a huge plus. You can reserve spots online in advance but clearly we did not because we didn’t know we’d be headed there. Same day is first come first serve. We are tent people and love primitive camping in spots where we can really be away from everyone and at least pretend like we’re alone. Rolling in in the dark, we weren’t motivated to checkout the walk-in campsites. And it wasn’t necessary because the area - which if full would’ve been pretty cramped for our taste- was absolutely empty. So we were happy. Many many spots for RVs all next to one another but there was tree cover for some and the possibility of a little bit of privacy but not much in that area.

We had an almost full moon, but otherwise I think the stars would’ve been pretty awesome. The next morning we woke up and took a little hike down to Shelby Resevoir to see what was around. We were at campsite 18 and it was about 10 min hike down over there. Beautiful and big! Maybe good swimming I would assume? Too late in the year for us.

We will definitely be back to checkout more of the primitive/walk-in/hike in sites! Hiking trails look interesting and fun and Eagle Creek State Park is just across the water (that’s the bigger one). The 4 stars was because the sites are pretty close together which- even with RVs- I think people mind- but maybe not? We love to be back in the woods ans I do think there is an option for that. We just didn’t have time to check it out. Will update!