Camping in Lone Pine

23 Reviews of 11 Lone Pine, Idaho Campgrounds

jThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

The bees knees

Talk about a great find after taking a wrong turn at 1.am free sites with plenty to pick from. When you check out the website make sure you read the whole thing, the guy is hilarious, had my girl and I laughing the whole time, dogs had a blast were able to run around the whole time with out leash,.…

Sitefitch
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2021

Boondocking alongside a creek with the Lemhi mountains as a backdrop.

The campground is a super scenic spot to pitch camp in an RV in a tranquil setting surrounded by mountains and forests. There are twenty-five standard non-electric sites at the campground that are operated on a first-come, first-served basis.

Every site is along Birch Creek and has a picnic table…

R
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2020

Great spot

This is a great location. The owner of the property, Scar, is very generous in offering his property for free to stay at to complete strangers. This is dry camping, no water or sewer. There’s a dump station with water close by off the main highway. He does have a few outlets we saw but didn’t use…

David C.
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2020

A perfect campground

Me and my wife were looking to get away for a weekend and this place was just what we needed. We Tent Camp and we had people RV camp on either side of us and never heard them the whole time. The area is very woodsy and very pretty. The campsite was very developed and taken care of. The bathrooms…

Linda G.
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2020

Very nice campground

This was a great camping experience. The campgrounds are at the base of a Beautiful lake. There are lots of fish to be caught. Fish and Game stock it twice a year. There are four wheeler trails outside the campground and there is a hike loop right in the campground.

Linda G.
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2020

Great campground

The host Todd was very friendly and helpful. The bathrooms were the cleanest I’ve seen in a campground, and not smelly either 😁

Jeremy A.
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2020

Great little free Campground

The guy is welcoming. Nice little place for anyone who’s looking for a nights sleep. Just be mindful of the campground and just relax👍🏼

Juliana H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2020

Stunning view and remote feel

This campground is located at the base of sheep mountain, with a gorgeous view of the steep walls and a beautiful lake. We went when the campground was not officially open yet - still tons of snow - but I slept in my truck tent and the dogs had a fantastic time!

R
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2019

Leadore City Park

Right before you come in to Leadore from the north/west on hwy 28. Decent. Works in a pinch 5$ water and bathrooms

Keith O.
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2019

A taste of the alpine

This is a very nice and clean campground situated within a small cirque of mountain summits. The campground is adjacent to a small lake with fishing and small boat opportunities. There is a small trail system with a trailhead at each end of the campground, a 3/4 mile loop between the two through…

Shenae H.
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2019

Such a cute campground

I was very please with the campground. It was very clean and the campground host was very friendly. I will definitely go again.

I love mackay lake

Wonderful place to be, accommodations are unreal

Awesome

Camping is a dream here, fits almost all campers and owners are nice people

Amazing destination

I love mackay andits community, of you show up in the summer you get amazing weather and incredible fishing. Would 10/10 recommend to anybody