Twin Falls, IDAHO

Most Recent Twin Falls Camping Reviews
Standard KOA

Standard KOA facilities (access to family style bathrooms, wifi, laundry room, etc). Only one of the tent sites in our lot had electricity and water. Very close to the town of Twin Falls, and near Shoshone falls (wonderful site!).

More Shady Camping Right by the Namesake Trailhead

This was a really really small camping area that's located along the creek road going through the south hills of Idaho.  There are absolutely no amenities here however so take care of business at one of the more developed campgrounds along the road!  It had wonderful shade everywhere but there wasn't any flat ground to be able to lay out a tent.  There were also only 2 maybe 3 campgrounds if you squeezed it in and it required a high clearance vehicle to get to 2 of them.  Good thing is if you get these sites you will have no one around you and personal access to a great hiking trail and in the winter snowshoeing back country skiing trail!

High Desert Camping with a Lot of Shade!

This is another great campsite on the road that heads up to Lake Cleveland and Mt Harrison.  It lies just before the turnoff to descend down to Lake Cleveland and is a great option just in case all the sites at Lake Cleveland are taken.  This should only happen on holidays and weekends though.  The campground itself is pretty primitive with the only amenity being a vault toilet and some scattered corrals.  A large open area is where most of the RV's camp and if you drive along the outskirts of the trees you'll be able to find excellent tent campsites nestled within the trees.  Definitely one of the best sites for lounging around in a hammock all day!

Gorgeous Alpine Camping in Southern Idaho!

This is one of the last campgrounds you come across before arriving at the turnoff for Lake Cleveland.  It has a ton a ton of spots but they are pretty close together so try to camp here during the weekday or if you have to come here on a weekend go to the campground immediately before Lake Cleveland as it is a little more secluded and the sites are more spaced out.  If you're planning on having a large get together or party in the mountains then this is the best campground to come to!

Each campsite has a minimum of a metal fire ring and BBQ grill, picnic tables and some even have a large metal BBQ pit thing.  The large sites also have massive fire rings where you could basically get a bonfire going!  There are trash cans and vault toilets scattered throughout the campground.  The only problem I had with the campground is that there isn't a map and the roads through it are narrow and confusing.  Other than that this is an amazing spot to spend the weekend or a few days during the week

More Great Creek Spots with Ample Parking!

This is a no frills campground located in the South Hills of Idaho about 20 miles south of Twin Falls.  Each site has its own fire ring and picnic table with most also giving you a shady spot to set up a tent if you want.  There is only 1 vault toilet though near the info sign.  The campsites are all lined up in a row next to the creek and trees.  There are not many sites so get here early if you plan on coming during the weekend.  It also seems like you could just park your RV in the giant dirt area to the east of the creek.  This area will be hot in the morning and shady in the afternoon as there are no shade trees to the east of the campsites.  A bonus of staying at this campground is that you have walking access to the Third Fork Trailhead!

Nice place to stay.

Several drive through sites. Mostly paved.

Great Spot by a Bend in the Creek

A great campground in the South Hills of Idaho that feels like an oasis in the desert!  This is one of a few developed campgrounds that you encounter as you head up Rock Creek Rd.  Like the other sites in the canyon there are metal camp fire ring, picnic tables, and vault toilets.  There are not very many sites, around 5, so don't plan on getting a spot if you arrive after 3 on Friday through the weekend.  Any time during the week you should be fine to get a spot as I visited on a Wednesday around 6 and only saw 1 occupied site.  The fee per night is $5 and there is a wonderful stream right next to almost every campsite that you can fish in and hang your hammock over.  The creek was also low enough to cool off in the waters safely, even with smaller children.  Last thing I noticed was a ton of basalt cliffs and cracks that I'm pretty sure haven't been developed for climbing, so if anyone is feeling super ambitious, let me know and we can develop it together!

Great Oasis in the Desert but Very Small

This is definitely the smallest campground that I encountered while traveling through the South Hills of Idaho that are about a half hour away from Twin Falls.  There were only 2 sites that I could find while driving along this narrow stretch of the river, but they were definitely some of the best sites in the canyon!  Each of the 2 sites had metal fire rings and picnic tables and a vault toilet right at the split between the 2 campsites.  Another bonus was the seclusion you get from the other campground but unfortunately not the road, which isn't too big of a problem as the traffic is pretty light in the canyon during the week.  At the campsite further to the south there were 2 little rocks pools that people had made in the stream that were perfect for cooling off in after a long hot day of hiking around in the hills.  There were also dozens of trout swimming in and around these pools that would make it super easy to fish from a chair within site of your campfire!

Pretty Spots with Decent Shade and a Fishing Lake Nearby

This campground is situated around Lake Cleveland as well but sits on the west side as the name implies.  You might think the campgrounds are similar but the west side is where you go if you want to get away from the RV's and trailers as the road is a good bit rougher going to the other side.  There are fewer sites on this side of the lake as a result, but they have all the same amenities as the east side.  The bonus is having less neighbors and just as many fish!  If you continue up the road that the lake road splits off of you'll eventually arrive at Mt. Harrison which will give you great 360 views!

Great Place to Escape the Heat of the Valley!

Driving up to Lake Cleveland I realized that this was the same road we traveled in the winter to get to one of our local ski mountains.  I had never been up here in the summer so I never thought that the road went any further.  So, if you're passing by in the winter time definitely make a stop by Pommerelle and ski some turns!

As soon as you start to level out on the one lane road that leads to the lake you'll be able to see a board and a campsite on your left.  This is the first site for the east side and was one of our favorite sites that we encountered exploring the canyon.  At each of the sites there were metal fire rings with BBQ grills attached and picnic tables.  There were also a few vault toilets scattered around between the sites.  The lake itself was very beautiful and had crystal clear water!  We could see fish swimming among the rocks from 20' above on the road!  Walking down to the lake there were even more trout than we had initially seen, so it would be a shame not to bring a pole up here!

Not bad if you don't mind the highway

My wife and I lived here in an old RV for a year while we were working in the area. It's a pretty clean place, mostly residents but there were usually a few open RV sites as well as a few tent spaces. It is right on the highway, from our spot I could've thrown a rock and hit traffic on the I-84. The owners are nice and live on-site. They have a little gift shop that also has a salon in it. Not a bad place, not a great place, but good for what we needed it for.

Jerome KOA

I've gone to this KOA so many times I've lost count. It's pretty average for a KOA; tent sites, RV, activities depending on the time of year. Lot's of great childhood memories on the paddle boats. It's not actually in town, its on the outskirts off the highway so you do get some traffic noise but nowhere near some of the others I've been to (lookin at you Rock Springs WY). Good place if you're stopping for the night, but if you want a real campsite pass on it as there are quite a few in the area.

Awesome free trailhead camping!

Road is a little rough to get here. We set up camp in the early evening. Hot and the flies were pretty thick. Evening came and it was perfect! Only two other tents that we could barely even see from our campsite. Felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. Loved hearing the creek as we tucked in for the night. The hike the next morning to the lake was a great challenge! There is an unmarked fork at about a mile and half in… go right! We hiked to the second lake. My son fished with hopes of catching a grayling. He took the winning photo of the lake!

Amazing Lake with Views

The campsites are a little on the small side if you have more than one huge tent. We went with friends and got lucky with the last two spots being next to each other so we took them both. We have a huge tent and they had a big one as well. We had spot 26 and 27. The spots are first come first serve. We took a hike and got some amazing photos and had a blast fishing. There are rainbow trout and cutthroat in the lake. There is a bathroom but make sure you bring your own toilet paper. It’s also dog friendly and our dogs had a blast as well. It’s been our favorite camping destination so far. There is also cell phone reception which was surprising.

Excellent staff

7/22/19-7/31/19. Staff was efficient and helpful. I was in the new section with my Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th. Since I was the new section of the RV park, the trees haven't grown enough to create a lot of shade, but that really didn't cause a problem. The site was a pull through and was very well designed and maintained. Ample trash containers, grass dog area, large table ad grass, 10pm-7am noise restrictions strictly enforced.

Small and secluded

It is a long drive from Twin Falls to get to this park, so you’d better hope there is space when you get here! It was full when we arrived, but we would definitely come back at a less busy time. Primitive camping right on the water (bugs could be a problem) and most of the camping was in tents (although it was posted that tents are not allowed Monday through Thursday), however, you could park your van/RV alongside the water. I only saw pit toilets and they were reasonably clean (others mention bathrooms which to me mean flush toilets but maybe I missed them). Note that THE Balanced Rock is about a mile down the road from the campground.

ok place for a night in an urban setting

As the name suggests, this is an RV park only and our first disappointment with an Idaho county park. No tents are allowed but the price of $20 per night with water and electric hookups is very reasonable. There are two sections, both are separated from the day-use area. The first section is nicer and a bit more protected from the road directly above but can only accommodate smaller rigs. The next section is not as nice and closer to road noise but is suitable for larger RVs. Surprisingly, there were several open spots on the Saturday of the 4th of July weekend. Don't be put off by the access road - it looks like it will not lead to a park, but it does. This park might be nice if you were with a group of friends or just passing through.

Amazing

Went there for a short weekend and we had a blast. There was plenty of shade and the river was awesome. The hot springs pool was huge my kids had a lot of fun. The staff was very nice. The only thing if you in a trailer the ground is very uneven just bring leveling blocks and you will be good!

Clean, accessible, perfect

First time camping here (my husband did growing up). I was surprised to find bathrooms readily available (no water but still…) very clean, did not see any trash. Sites were easily accessible. There were some decent ruts in the road in a few spots due to the wet spring, but nothing impassable. Would definitely visit again.

Was really amazing

We went to Shoshone falls for a few hours and needed a place to camp. We saw Banbury Hot Springs and we decided to go there. It was AMAZING. There was a beautiful view and we were right on the river. There is a giant hot spring pool. We went kayaking for two hours and there were so many beautiful birds. Lots of Mexican food around! Campsites were in beautiful shape. Highly recommend this campsite.

Amazing covered in snow!

While there was no climbing on this trip we did get to see the City in a whole new perspective!

The breadloaves has one large group site right next to the bathrooms and parking and numerous dispersed tent sites, some with long approaches so check the map on the Gov website!

The breadloaves are thoroughly catalogued on the mountain project website but some classic to try are Bloody Fingers and Carol's Crack.  There is e ough climbing at the Breadloaves alone for a couple weeks of entertainment but the fantastic Morning Glory Spire is nearby as well along with other smaller walls

Hot as hell!

By a lake with little to no trees or shade!

Good place for rvs, tight squeeze

Tis place is for TVs only and they are squeezed pretty close together. They come with full hookups as well as bathrooms and a convenience store. It is close to the Snake River Rec Area and the "Niagara of the West" Shoshone Falls! There is some great basalt climbing above the falls at Dierkes Lake rec area. Theres a little Hümangear review thrown in for fun!

Balance Rock

I love getting away with the family here. No phone service.. I plan a trip here 2-3 times a year just for that reason. Nothing better than to put the distractions away for a couple days. One of the most beautiful and quiet places I have ever stayed. Little stream for kayaking or fishing. No power sites but the sites all have a grill and fire pit. Bathrooms but no showers.

Relaxing

Midweek RV stay in April was quiet and relaxing. Not all stalls are RV friendly, my friend had to move due to her trailer would not level. Park hosts extremely nice to work with. Dog friendly park. Pool is older but the water was toasty warm to soak in especially in cold weather. Changing room was clean. I will be back as I noticed there is a dock to go kayaking.

Camping + Hot water = Awesome!

Great hot spring camp site. They have different pools of varying temperatures, alligators, trees and plenty of room for each site. I stop by every time I swing through Idaho.

Relaxation at its best

It has the option to either spend time out on the Snake River with kayaks or one could enjoy the natural hot springs. They also have a neighboring hot springs which is can be used if one is looking to soak a little more.

Beautiful, inexpensive, overall great experience!

We went in the beginning of July and the wild flowers were gorgeous, my kids were in heaven! Our site was not too close to any others except the other one we booked with friends. Decent bathrooms. Close to Lake Cleveland. Great birding in the actual campground. This campground is one of the best places to find the Cassia Crossbill. We will definitely be going back!

Glorious Day Hike

Although reluctant to share, I absolutely enjoy visiting this area. June through August are it's most popular season for visitors. There's a bathroom and base camp available at the start of the trailhead. What goods you pack in with you must go out with you. There is no access to dumping trash. It's a 2.5 mile hike to the first lake. It inclines all the way up. You are treated with beautiful back country views, met with several switch backs before reaching the first lake. There are 3 lakes and past the 3rd lake you are able to hike up to the top towards the cliff rocks where you can see the view down the lakes where ot loops back down to the 2nd lake. I have not hiked up that part, but I hear it's challenging, so be sure to have good hiking shoes. Based off my experience, the hike up to the lakes is dog friendly and baby carrying friendly. Fishing is also available as they refill the lakes every year.

Close to BOI and Twin!

Vry cool camping area along the creek. Short drive or walk to the actual balanced rock. Picnic tables, awning, restrooms and even a horseshoe pit available. Swingset for kiddos. For day use or night use as firepits available. Great place for a weekend getaway!