the dyrt
Kaniksu National Forest, IDAHO
Most Recent Kaniksu National Forest Camping Reviews
Rainy washington

Wet and slippery, wear comfortable shoes!

Great hiking!

I love Washington because of all its amazing hiking! The campground was mediocre, not really the cleanest, but the hiking made up for it! We did tons of hiking around the area, and enjoyed every single one. The campground itself is pretty small- pretty sure there are only like 12 sites within the campground. When we went, it wasn't too busy. Probably 5 other families there. There is a garbage disposal area there which was nice, although it still seemed a bit dirty. It was $18 a night which we thought was a little on the expensive side for camping, but we only stayed 2 nights and split the cost between 4 people. Great views of Pend Oreille River. We reserved our site online, but I think we definitely could I walked in and got a site. This campground doesn't seem to be used much. Probably wouldn't come back, but maybe try another campground nearby.

Awesome!

Really liked our stay here! First time ever staying in idaho, usually we just drive through. We stopped her and stayed a few nights as we were heading to Washington. Stayed here and loved it. We only stayed 1 night and did some hiking in the morning! Beautiful hikes!! The campground was pretty big which we liked. Not too many people, but we did come mid week. Bathrooms on site which were clean when we were there and there was also plenty of TP which was surprising!! Close to a beautiful lake, however we didn’t get to enjoy the lake because we didn’t stay long. There is also a really good burger joint down the road! Highly recommend :)

Nice spot close to Lake Coeur D'alene

This is a great stop point before getting into Idaho. The campground was very well maintained and great to stay at. It is located in between Spokane proper and Coeur d'Alene (so Spokane Valley). There are tons of spots to choose from, but it gets pretty busy in the summer. The cabins were great and had everything you needed to get by.

There is a laundromat, store, sports area, lots of space for dogs and a game room at the main lodge. I really liked the community fire pit since there wasnt a fire pit at each site. One cool thing about this site is they have "gazebo sites" for RV campers. They also have an outdoor movie theater set up, but we werent able to take advantage of that perk.

We were able to drive a short way to Lake Coeur d'Alene for their Fourth of July events and even rented a lake boat for tubing.

Great site for families, RVers, and pet owners.

Beautiful park

Spent 2 weeks at Farragut SP last summer while visiting our grandkids in Spokane, WA. This is a beautiful park, with lots of hiking, fishing and boating on Lake Pend Oreille. It was a navy training base during WW2, so there is also some history. The campground is large, but some sites are a little tight. We needed help getting our 20’ travel trailer into the spot we had. Water and electric only, no sewer. Bathroom and shower house was clean and well kept. We saw lots of blue birds and deer during our visit. There is a large frisbee golf course, too.

A vacation getaway or a mountain escape

Farragut state park has many campgrounds available to fit every campers style. Tent camping, RV camping, cabin rentals, even camping with your horses! Whatever your style there is a campground here for you. Water and bathrooms at every campsite make it comfortable, the views and countless trails to hike make it breathtaking, and the list of things located in the park make it the perfect vacation site! Peaceful lake views, disc golf, tree to tree adventure course, swimming area, fishing, museums, and horse trails are a few of the things to do while camping in this amazing state park. Even with all these events located here, you'll find peaceful serenity and a true camping feel for the whole family.

Calm and quite

Our stay at the Green Bay campground was perfect. We arrived on a Wednesday and had the place nearly to our selves. This was a perfect place to camp with a family or with friends. Make sure to arrive early in the week if you want a camp site. Spots filled quickly in the days following

Camping in a Forest

Large, Clean Camp Sites with Electric & Water.

Bring your Boat, Kayak, Canoe, Bike, & Bathing Suit (in summer).

My favorite Army Corps of Engineers run Campground. Clean, and well run. Clean bathrooms, and Showers. Dump Station.

Nice stay

Trains! There are trains all day and night! Sites were narrow had to ask a fellow camper to move his truck was very difficul to manuver the camp ground streets Large beautiful trees Facilities were clean Laundry was adequate Dog poop everywhere! We clean up after our pets this was crazy….

RV Focused, clean, 'good freeway access' *wink wink*

Breezed in on Labor Day weekend so I just hafta start by saying how grateful I was to find anything.

This place is clean, folks were friendly, etc. All good stuff. I'd say it's primarily for the RV/Family crowd, but there were other car/motorcycle campers there, too. There's a little store and a nice community camp fire.

My site was along the "creek" which was a VERY lazy body of water in the late summer. It didn't seem to be moving much at all. Across this magestic stream, traffic flowed freely down I-90 all night long. Something of a Freightliner Lullaby…

I think this place is just great as long as you think through its proximity to the freeway, etc. It definitely made for a quick coffee run into CDA in the AM.

Great Little RV Park

For this being our first long distance trip from Boise, I’m extremely glad we stayed here. The scenery is gorgeous within the park (lots of trees and grass areas), excellent for dogs and the site we stayed in was perfectly level from the time we pulled in. Unfortunately our water heater wasn’t working so we had to use the showers on site and I was not disappointed, they were about 9/10 on cleanliness but water temp/pressure was excellent. WiFi was better than what I would have expected. Staff at check in was very friendly and courteous. It’s convenient that it’s behind a gas station because if you need any snacks, drinks or propane it’s just a short walk away. The only negative that I have to share is that the train is just on the other side of the highway and for whatever reason they enjoy blowing the horn and I will warn you this could happen at any hour of the day/night. We were in the back end of the park so it wasn’t completely drowning but you definitely know it’s there. If our travels ever bring us up this way again, I will not hesitate to stay here again.

Clean & nice, narrow sites, 2 active train crossings sometimes noisy

The trains can sometimes be annoying but fairly quiet at night, it hadn’t been that bothersome. with everyone having slide outs now it makes the sites close, so no fire pits in the general camping area!! They have the upscale sites and you can have a fire there.

we stay here a lot as they are open year round.

Theme Park

Definitely a campground ⛺ for those who want to spend their whole day at the park 🎢across the street. There is nothing to do in the campsite, however if you are planning to spend the whole weekend at the park 🎡 then it is the perfect place to stay.

Roller Coasters & Nature

A huge park 🏞you will never run out of space to explore here. My family camped here many times throughout my childhood. Close to Silverwood Theme Park 🎡you can spend the day playing on rides 🎢 and the night sitting around the campfire 🔥I remember one day we saw a mother bear 🐻and her cubs as we were picnicking in the day area. Definitely the best of both worlds.

Weekend Getaway

Small campsite ⛺ on the edge of town. Perfect for a few nights relaxation. Hot showers 🚿make for a relaxing night after a day on the river ⛵. While there is no hiking here, it is close to nearby forests 🌲. With it's own boat dock ⚓ you can spend the night fishing before sitting around the 🔥. Great for someone who wants a simple campground.

Childhood Memories

A small campsite ⛺ near Old Town, my family spent a weekend every summer ☀here when I was a child. We would get a first come site and spend our time fishing 🎣 and enjoying the campfire 🔥 Close to town it's easy to run to the store. While the campground is small, it's close to several forests 🌳 you can go hiking in, or go boating 🚣 and kayaking 🛶 on the river. We would also drive to Sandpoint to spend the day in town. Definitely a cute campground ⛺ to relax in!

Peaceful

Very quiet and right along the Coeur d’Alene river. Good for fishing

North Idaho Beauty

Farragut camping has been a family favorite. The spacious campsites, closeness to the lake, and closeness to the grocery store (when needed) is wonderful.

Nice campground with a very kind and friendly camp host!

We stayed in a big open central meadow that had a few sites in it, but the campground also had some sites that were more tucked back in the vegetation. There are pit toilets (very clean and smelled surprisingly good!) and a water pump nearby. The camp host was very friendly and accommodating. There was a bit of a wasp problem there (we were there in August), so not the best place to go if you’re afraid of or allergic to bees and wasps.

Beautiful Campground on Coeur d'alene lake

Really enjoyed my stay here! This campground was very nice, it provided showers, bathrooms, kitchen, free firewood and even paddle boats! We took the paddle boat our for a sunset cruise and it was a very memorable experience! Overall, felt safe and had a great time.

No camping allowed in the cedars

There is no camping allowed here. You have to camp and Bad Medicine Campground which is just a few miles down the road.

Close to town getaway

Water is a bit of walk from camping area, but overall thai campground is great. Hiking, fishing, swimming. Is a great place to rent a cabin with children and enjoy nature close to city.

Hidden away

This campground is off the hidden path but not hard to access. Is a little over grown but spots are spread out. It’s a great little camp spot for locals.

Finley Flats

Fun spot for fishing. Lots of fish to catch if you know where to go. Boat access. Camps are close together and don’t offer much coverage. Kept clean.

Nice place

Lots of pretty spots. Closet to river. Has great swimming place and boat access. Close to highway. Can fill up fast on the weekends.

Well maintained

If you like paved and well maintained camping this is a very nice spot. Lot of camping spaces, many along the river. Nice, clean facilities. They have firewood available for you. RV and tent spots. The Yaak is a beautiful area!

Bring your own fun

I’ve spent many nights here. ThIs is geared towards RVs AmenItIes are lIght. There are a couple of showers and restrooms. The small clubhouse doesn’t offer much. In fall it’s a base for hunters to glamp. The river is accessible, though fishing from the shore is difficult. Think KOA wIthout the fun parts. :-)

Rustic , quiet and serene. It was very simple and relaxing

Don’t expect fancy but it will be refreshing.

Good tent camping

Basic campground good for families great space from other campsites

Best campground ever

Love this campground best I’ve ever been to and I’ve been to about 25. Free firewood, pool, showers bathrooms, WiFi, canoes, paddle boats, great fishing, friendly people, playground only complaint is that nowadays they are packed barely have openings, used to cost $24 then they raised there price to $40 but it’s a great campground