Camping in Lakeshore Summer Home Area

363 Reviews of 241 Lakeshore Summer Home Area, Idaho Campgrounds

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Arrive early on weekend

I loved my site and my neighbors asked to grab it as soon as I left. Loop 1-6 has best views of first come first served. I arrived about 11:30am Friday and had a couple of choices left. Stayed 3 nights. It was full every night by high churn so if you arrive before noon you might score a spot.

j
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Free

Dope spot tucked back in the mountains, be sides the out of kno where rain storm that washed us out it was n amazing place

m
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Great Memorial Day weekend

Didn’t think we would find a spot for the weekend since we left so late. Drove up to silver creek expecting that if we couldn’t get in we would boondock on the other side of which boasts acres and acres of opportunity all around to boondock. However we were able to secure a spot. It can get a…

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Peaceful, clean, and scenic

I honestly didn’t want to review because I think this is such a hidden gem. But we probably can’t make it back for awhile so I want everyone else to know!

Just a lovely quiet secluded campground. We loved the sound of the water as we went to bed, and the hot springs were gorgeous (although…

SiteT4
TThe Dyrt PRO User

Not closed

Open and in use as of May 2021

Site#6

Small and Beautiful

This is a very small campsite far enough off Hwy 21 to be remote and rustic but also close enough to be fairly easy to get to.  There are only 3-4 campsites.  The scenery is beautiful and there is a lot of wilderness to enjoy.

Beautiful Campground

Everything about this campground is excellent.  Beautiful location on a hill with views all around. Shade trees and well thought out campsite spots.  Fills up fast for a reason.

Right In Town

This RV park is right in town.   Close to all the outdoor activities that Donnelly has to offer.  A standard RV park in a very nice location.

Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Close to Town

This campground is right in Donnelly and right on the river.  We drove through there in April so there was still snow but the location for summer is great.  Near the lake, near town, near the mountains.  I would say this is a medium size campground for Idaho and set up for most types of rigs.

N
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Beautiful on the water.

Nice large campground. Water , cell service, Beautiful vistas. Water is gorgeous. I didn't stay as I was "on my way" but if I wasn't and could afford the $15.00 a night for a single family site I would have.

• Entrance
Nicole P.
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Great spot! Bring water

Bring your own water!!! All the websites say this place has potable water but the pump was chained up! Thankfully there is a “market” at Twin Springs resort about 4 miles north! Other than the misinformation about the water, this place is great! Beautiful scenery, easily accessible sites with…

William P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Great host

Was virtually empty, able to choose a great spot. Recommend bringing a saw and ax for firewood although we were able to scavenge enough. Very little wildlife but nice places to explore. Well water is cold and tasty.

• hail and rain for awhile
Cody E.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Great place for those passing through

We stayed here when one of the vehicles in our party had engine issues. We were able to camp for the night and see the local mechanic the next morning. This is just an open field behind the lodge, but you are located in Stanley near the restaurants and shops. There is a hot spring you can walk to…

Cody E.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

One of our favorite spots

We stayed here in August of 2020. At first we were worried since it was right off the busy highway but it was an awesome place to stay for a few days.  We had two separate campsites and they were perfectly located for going back and fourth. You can fish or swim in the river on those warm days and…

Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Close to Road and the River

This is a small campground right off Highway 55 and across from the Payette River.  There are 4 small campgrounds right in a row near here.  There is plenty of shade and pretty good privacy.  Not much room for larger campers or RV, better for smaller campers and tents.  I did not get cell service…