Paynes Creek , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Paynes Creek Camping Reviews
Over nighter at the Olive Pit

Not much to say similar to rest stop. Spent evening in their parking lot that does say no parking unless your a customer. I went in and purchase couple jars of olives to take to Slab City with me as trading stock now I’m a customer (happy face). No one messed with me and it was decently quiet. Only two other rvs. Super small dog potty area too but it’s their yay.

Sycamore campground and Red Bluff Recreation Area

It's a beautiful area, the campground is located in the middle of Red Bluff Recreation Area. Lot's of nature trails. They have many of the plants and trees recognized by little name tags. So interesting and absolutely gorgeous.

Guy and his dog at a Pit Stop?

Spent the evening in the RV/Truck area after stocking up on some Olive stuffed garlic and artichokes. Mmmm. Was quiet besides the obvious freeway intersection area near by but NOT complaining. Easy boon-docking. Small pet area. Well lit if you park under a light. Safeway,Burger King, Taco Bell, Auto parts store lots more in little area around The Olive Pit. Basically park and walk to get shopping done. Boom. Hope this helps a little.

Fishing 10 steps from our Trailer

1st RV park that I ever took my trailer to. Easy to get in and out of the camp site large camp sites, the hat Creek runs right through the camp ground and we caught trout all morning. Wonderful place convenience store was great too!👍👍

Safe and fine

It says on a sign reservation only, but after driving around to the other spots in red bluff, and feeling great unease, I went ahead and drive in to a spot around 9pm. I immediately felt much better and more safe here. Had a great sleep and was on my way in the AM. I never interacted with the site host but it looks like the trails and areas around are worth hiking.

Very Hot

Not much to the site. It was very hot and a distance to the lake. Not to mention the rangers were very grumpy.

Not much too it!

The sites are narrow. The water was really low down. No beach. It was really hot! Not much around. Plus will we were there at least two trees came down. Thank goodness they did not land on our tent! There are a lot of Geocaches though.

Great Campground

This campsite is pretty awesome. We stayed at site #21 in loop D. The sites were very large and came equipped with a fire ring/grill, bear box and picnic table.

We had a great time exploring the park and hanging out around Lake Manzanita.

Lassen National Park is beautiful and we hope to be back soon. Even during a busy Labor Day Weekend the park was crowded but nothing like a bigger national park (think Yosemite) in a regular weekend. It was nice being able to experience the park without feeling totally overcrowded.

The camp store was very convenient if you forget anything!

Great Rooms

We stayed 2 nights in one of the lodge rooms and loved it.