Dickson , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Dickson Camping Reviews
Great Family camp site!

Been going here since I was a kid. Its a great place to camp with great bike trails and everything you need. Little crowded and you will need to reserve out 3-4 weeks to get an electric spot.

An Owl, a hawk and beautiful trees!

Quiet stop only one night. Everything worked and no drama! Beautiful trees! 🍁Live owl named “Cotton” and hawk named “Buddy” on exhibit there. Cute little store on grounds.

Nice!

Nice campground. Clean, pet friendly. A lot of sites! Access to lakes. Saw a lot of wildlife for such a big campground with lots of people traffic.

Great Golf Course

I live too close to this State Park to camp here but I do play the golf course. Very nice and expect to see deer and turkey.

In addition there are some good places in nearby Dickson to eat. Tony B’s for burgers, Back Alley for BBQ, Zander’s for Pizza and Katie’s for ice cream.

The bonus is that it is an easy drive to Nashville.

Loved it!

Very nice campground. Very clean and family friendly. All sites were a good size. Nice lake views from most sites but really enjoyed our lakeside spot Black Oak loop #22. Our son enjoyed throwing rocks in the lake from our site. I agree with others, firewood and ice were both well priced, great convenience store available.

The Queen of Tennessee Parks

The title says it all Nice well kept camp Grounds Restaurant in the park site are level and large

Back to Nature

Southport Saltpeter Cave is a historic cave located 12 miles south of Columbia TN. We offer cave tours, primitive camping, hiking, and exploring.

Beautiful State Park

The campground is clean and well-maintained. The campsites are shaded with plenty of space in between sites. The hiking is phenomenal.. so much beauty in one location. This place has it all.. golf course, fishing, boating, hiking trails, lodging (hotel and villas), playgrounds, streams, waterfalls..

Excellent S.P. Campground within an easy drive to Nashville

We stayed at this campground recently and because the wifi coverage and speed was so good was actually able to "work from home" here.  We were on site 18 and it was very level, paved and double wide. Parking was easy and it accommodated the 38' RV and a SUV. The sites all seem to be well shaded and spaced sufficiently apart. Travel to and from the park is on good roads.  Chapel Hill, just to the north, offers all you might need with a hardware store, Dollar General, walk in clinic and restaurants. The park also offers a golf course which I didn't play due to the heat, but is on my list now that I've seen it.

The trails we hiked were well maintained and there is a quiet paved road suitable for bicycling.

Because of the close proximity to home, this will become on of our go-to spots for a weekend camp

Peaceful, shady, clean

The park is well kept, clean and lots of trees for shade. Good bike riding and walking trails.

The sites are back in and range from full hook up to primitive. Most sites are level. The water, power and septic all worked w no issues and were in decent shape. The roads are asphalt but aging. Bathrooms and showers were aging but clean and well placed throughout the campground. Some sites backed up to a slow creek, I would recommend 80 & 81 they have fabulous creek access.