Camping in Oowala

75 Reviews of 14 Oowala, Oklahoma Campgrounds

Derek M.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

A great little campground

We stayed at Spavinaw State Park for a little weekend getaway. It’s now one of our favorite places to stay! The River that runs along the campground is really nice. Cool clear water with lots of different fish species to be caught. My boys had a great time fishing. The campsite included 30 amp…

SiteRV 11
Bonnie A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Grand time at Grand Lake

We met friends there. We boated, jet ski'd, visited, ate, made new friends and had the best week. Concrete pads, 30 and 50 Amp available but no sewer hookups. Had to use the turd wagon but it was an easy pull. Already making plans to go back.

SiteRR 12
D
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Nice secluded spot

We stayed at site 31. It was on the side with the bluffs. Beautiful sunset overlooking the lake. Trees separated us from the next campsites. It's very primitive so bring plenty of water.

Stephani K.
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

First Solo Camping Trip

Sequoyah State Park is just beautiful. I stayed in Paradise Cove in a tent site quite literally right on the water since this part of Oklahoma is experiencing flooding right now. There are flush toilets in this part of the park, but there are showers in others. There’s a short hiking trail, it’s…

SitePC10
S
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Fun

We stayed the weekend and had a great time, there was plenty of things for the kids to do and enough space at our campsite that we didn’t feel crowded in.

Sitea62
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Nice views of the Lake

Very nice and clean campground. Reserve early though this one fills up fast. We camped here in the middle of the week and they where already at 75%. Lake side spots are not advisable if you have little ones, the bluffs are very close to the fire pits and have about a 30ft drop.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

Spavinaw

The park was very busy but surprisingly quiet after dark. Fishing in the river by the spillway was very nice. When we were there the park was currently looking for a camp host (help wanted sign). With the camp host vacancy there was no one to police the rules and people parked all over the grass.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2021

Nice Open and on the Water

We spent several days camping at Bernice State Park.  Spacious, open sites and beautiful views of the lake.  They have a hiking trail, but it was closed while we were there as they were getting it ready for Halloween.  Didn't use the restrooms.  We enjoyed our stay and would go back.

Month of VisitNovember
Amanda P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2021

Great first night of our trip!

We started in Indiana and stopped here last night on our way out to Utah. It was clean, quiet, and just what we needed! My only suggestion would be to arrive before dark. There are signs, but they are less than clear at night (no arrows). Once we located a park map, we were set!

Jessica The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2021

So beautiful

Honestly I wasn’t sure what to expect, but it ended up being perfect. When I was there nobody else was, I got there in the dark so it made it harder to figure out parking but it ended up working out. Only drawback I wish there were trash cans or even just a big dumpster. The water was gorgeous and…

Chris M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2021

Nice RV Park

Enjoyed the quiet side of the park closest to railroad tracks. Yes, we did have trains at all hours, but living in a community with a similar issue, we had no problem sleeping through it. Bathhouse was clean, but not great. Biggest problem was flies from dumpster and sewage dump. Could not smell…

Alice C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2021

Clean and deserted in winter

I arrived after dark on December 27th. I had made a reservation (and paid the $15) through their website. When I got to the park, I followed signs for Paradise Cove and reached the camping area. I never found my exact campsite (#27) but it was completely empty so I took a different one and left a…

Stephen R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2020

Great little spot for the hunters.

I live a short drive away in Tulsa, but when hunting season started, this is where I stayed on the weekends. Lots of WMA land to be explored, the park is nice and quiet with beautiful surroundings and a smaller, peaceful lake to enjoy.

B
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2020

Seminole park Top Notch.

Seminole campground is the best in Sequoyah State Park. The Camp Host is great and the Sunsets are beautiful.

Timothy K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2020

Beautiful park and campgrounds

Even in November this is a great place to camp. In the Choctaw loop easy back in or pull thru sites. Very short walk to the lakeshore. Golf course in the park. Pet friendly. Close to tulsa too. There are shops just outside the park if you need propane or charcoal etc. Worth the trip!

• Sequoyah state park in the fall!!