The best TENT SITES camping near
Oologah , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Oologah Camping Reviews
Peaceful

We camped in a spot near the water. The lake was beautiful at sunset. The bathroom was clean, our spot had a covered picnic table, grill and fire ring. And hiking/equestrian trails can be accessed from the group camp or park entrance.

Last minute reservation

Managers were great! Helpful for first time campers. Great camping location for groups.

Great rocky beach!

Great campsite! We enjoyed the view of the lake and plenty of space at our site! The park is nice and spread out and the sites are kept clean and well managed! Loved the rocky beach and how wooded all the sites were!

No firewood available to buy on site. They ran Out of toilet paper, but otherwise everything was great!

Depends on the Time of Year

I write this review as an observer.  I live in the area.  The park is gated (un-maned) and access is not restricted.  There is a outhouse with water.  They have made some improvements in the last few years but this area used to gather a lot of riff-raff.   The other camp located just a short distance away is gated (Maned) and the sites all have water and electric.  If your on a budge this place is great.  If you want to feel a bit more secure, I recommend the other camp!  I would not recommend this as a family vacation site.

A nice lake usually

Fort Gibson Lake is a flood control lake so the water levels can fluctuate. Specifically the waters can rise to where boating ramps are not available. 2020 has been a good year (without excessive rain) and everything was open for the summer season. The east side of the lake is spring fed creeks and therefore cleaner and clearer. I grew up on this lake and it can be a fun place. Many people enjoy the summer here.

Something for Most

Sequoyah State Park on Fort Gibson Lake offers a lot and people come from out of state to visit. There's a lodge, restaurant, golf course, paved trail, dirt trails, campgrounds, marina, and horseback riding in summer. I grew up nearby and still enjoy visiting.

Summer after summer

My family has had a membership here for 20+ years. We come here and stay every summer! They have good size places you can stay as a family, as well as lots of RV spots. We absolutely love the mini golf course and game facility, as well as the Eagles Nest! There’s nothing better than sitting out on the deck watching the sun set after a long day on the lake. The bathroom & shower facilities are always clean, with excellent water pressure, and hot water.

Best camp hosts & beautiful, peaceful nights

My husband, 2 dogs, and I stayed here in our tent multiple weekends in a row this past summer. We went jugging in our canoe and caught some really good size blue cats. The camp hosts are the absolute best! And never ending gorgeous evenings spent by the campfire watching the sunset.

Peaceful & Beautiful Evening

My husband, 2 dogs, and I reserved a spot a short walk to the water. We had a relaxing evening grilling and sitting by the fire, enjoying the peaceful night under the stars.

Go Elsewhere

Nearby Sequoyah State Park has several areas much better for camping and RVs. Just east across the bridge on Highway 51.