The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Oologah , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Oologah Camping Reviews
Beautiful area

This place was further off the beaten path than expected and was a beautiful location. I camped in late November so water was shut off but electric worked well. Bathrooms were pretty gross and the facilities in general just felt fairly decrepit. All that said, I'm a sucker for waterfront camping and would definitely check it out again with a full fresh tank.

Peaceful

We camped in a spot near the water. The lake was beautiful at sunset. The bathroom was clean, our spot had a covered picnic table, grill and fire ring. And hiking/equestrian trails can be accessed from the group camp or park entrance.

Not for camping

This is a great place for Rv’s but it’s not for camping. People stay here when there are events in town at the expo center such as huge horse shows. Flgun shows, the fair etc.

In town Rv lot

I wouldn’t say this is camping. The people that usually stay here are in town for events at the Expo or driving thru. There is a lot to do nearby. TWithin walking distance there’s the expo center (you can go in and pet horses) and a Rec center with a pool. You can go to Will Rogers Museum, JM Davis fun museum, RSU has a nice little hiking trail as does the Lake.

Gorgeous place

I grew up in Oologah and frequented the birthplace often. There’s lots of animals to pet and lots of history to learn. You can tour the birthplace for free, there’s an old barn to explore, you can go hiking, there’s horse trails as well. It’s very close to Oologah lake so you could go swimming for the day, rent seados or a boat etc. You can rent a spot for $25 to RV camp with a maximum of 3 days. You have to apply for it as well. No smoking is allowed and you can only drink past 5 pm (wine and beer only) if that’s your thing. It is such a beautiful place, rich in history and I highly recommend visiting at least once!

Good camping sites and hiking trails

I grew up in Oologah and spent many many nights camping here. The camping sites are good and close to restrooms, there is a nice sandy beach for swimming, a long rocky shoreline that is fun to explore and hunt shells, you can go fishing, boating, kayaking, visit goat island, the hiking trails are nice although I have been a couple of times and had a TON of ticks but not very often. There a lot to do!

Nice Quiet Campground

We were in site #31 with is right across from the fishing dock and close to a potable water source. The Campground is very shaded and the spot was large and easy to back in to with our 33' TT. The fishing dock was very spacious and secure for us and the grandkids we love everything about the park, except. The site did not have a dedicated water hook up. We had to buy a 75' hose to put water in our fresh tank. Not a huge deal. #2 complaint is that the site was slanted so much that we could not get level front to back. We moved a couple of times and tried all combination of stacking lumber under the tongue jack but still had to sleep with our heads at the foot end of our bed. Still not a huge deal. We'd go back and if #31 is the only site available we'll take it.

Nice for a quick trip

This campground was mostly clean and pleasant for a short weekend trip. We did find a lot of cigarette butts all over our site but other than that it was pretty clean. We camped next to some friends which worked out well because our picnic table was very close to the other people camping next to us. The lake has a little swim beach and the water is a bit dirty like most lakes in Oklahoma. There were bathrooms and showers nearby and they were some of the nicer bathrooms that we have come across. There isn’t a lot of shade so be aware of that. We didn’t get a chance to kayak while we were there because it was extremely hot and then we had a storm roll in but the lake seemed pretty nice for kayaking and other small boats.

Wonderful little park!

My wife and I had stayed here a couple of years ago, but we didn't get a lot of time to explore the place back then. We got in late and weather forced us out early, as we were not properly prepared. (Were still new to camping at the time)

Recently our friends suggested this park as a close and easy place to camp as a group and I couldn't have been more pleased! The site that we had was more than enough room for 4 adults, 3 kids and a dog. We had 2 cars, two tents, a canopy and the dog on a tie out leash and still had plenty of room for the kids to play and run without interfering with other campsites. The swim beach was well kept and easily accessible with free life jacket loaners. The bathrooms were pretty spotless even though they are primitive style toilets only. The grounds were well kept, clean and spacious. They offer fishing docks, boat launches, plenty of bank to fish from as well as small playground equipment in a few places for the kids. Definitely one of our "close to home, quick overnight" favorites and we will be back very soon!

Nice Area

Camped one night. I’m a hammock camper so make sure to research a space that has trees pretty close together. My site was doable but stretched my hammock straps fully. Right off the water. Clean bathrooms/showers. Quiet place to camp.