Indian Hills , NEW MEXICO

Most Recent Indian Hills Camping Reviews
Empty in winter!

I arrived after dark on December 28th, and at first missed the turn off for the camping, but using the map here on the Dyrt, could see where I went wrong.

Google gets you there, as soon as you cross the cattle stile into the park, take your first left which comes very quickly. Dispersed camping is on both sides of this road. If you go a little further, you’ll see the vault toilets on the right (I couldn’t find these until the morning).

It was completely deserted, except for one RV (I am sleeping in my car). In the morning I discovered a car which looks like someone may be living in the park, but saw no signs of anyone.

It is beautiful! I woke up to an inch of snow! One downside- it’s right next to a landfill. There was no smell, but I could hear all of the equipment in the morning.

Easy to find, clean, safe (I’m a solo woman). I’d stay here again!

Sweet Spot

This place is awesome, easy to get to and free. There is lots of room and we have a lot of privacy. Close to town and everything you need. There is also a place to shoot guns if you got em.

Flat and Free!

Stayed here one night. Dispersed large dirt and rock camping area with scattered junipers and other brush. There were a few rock fire pits that others have made but no one there had a fire going at the time we stayed there. It was quiet and if you're lucky you can find a secluded spot among the trees and bushes. There are 2 unisex pit toilets in the area but there is no water or garbage so pack in and out!

Good cell reception with AT&T and Verizon.

Great for kids

The staff here are awesome, very friendly & always available to help with anything you need. Easy pull through spots. The playground has the best swing set and is all sand, very fun for kids of all ages.

Nice location

The best part of this campground was the location! Close to downtown Santa Fe. The staff & guests did wear masks & social distanced. We were traveling with an RV and a suv/tent set up, & appreciated that we could get the largest pull through RV spot ($64) and bunker down together. The grounds and restrooms could use a little TLC to take it to the next level. Pup friendly, too!

Greedy

Couldn’t stay due to Covid-19 restrictions imposed by state governor.  The owners would not refund deposit.

Overpriced and Cramped

We were very disappointed and only stayed one night. Campsites were cramped to the point that our neighbor’s picnic table was approximately 3 feet from ours. The website stated that they were only operating at 50% capacity. Probably not the best choice if you are trying to social distance during these times.

Catfished

You’re staying In the front yard with an tension cord although seemed to be relaxing nice people after a 5 hour drive with a travel trailer we pulled up Into a narrow street where they told us to park on there front driveway it was a no for us

Very well kept

Stayed here for a week with the family close to Santa Fe and Pecos national forest. Managers very friendly and can be quite entertaining if you hang around for a bit. Spaces are a bit tight if you have slide outs. Great place to stay and relax.