Smithfield , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Smithfield Camping Reviews
Beautiful campground

Sites were very large with nice mature trees. We were the only people there other than the lady in charge so it was do peaceful and quiet. The dogs loved laying in the grass and frankly so did we.

Tolerable in August, but only because we could swim a little

A short drive from the Interstate. Lots of sites to choose from on a weekday in August. The sites are spread among the sand channel ponds. Incredibly, we were not bothered by mosquitos. Sites had picnic tables and fire rings. Fire wood piles were all around to help yourself from. There is a small “beach” area designate for swimming in one of the ponds. It is small. Because we were there during the COVID restrictions, we waiting until almost everyone left before we felt we would have enough space to swim without being within 6 feet of others. The water was nice and cooled us down nicely.

The newly build vault toilet was OK. Our son reported the men’s side was terrible. The women’s side was just fine. We needed a spot to stay close to the Interstate for a cross-country trip and this was open and available. I would not return. But I do remember the fireflies fondly. There were tons.

Nice stay

A nice campground located on a beautiful lake. Several first come first serve sites that were wooded. A welcome find on a Saturday night without reservation. Nice bathrooms and showers, fire pit and picnic table. Conveniently located not far off I 80. Dump station and clean water are just before getting into the park on the left side. A well managed and maintained park.

Main Campground

Large well kept kept campground! Very easy to get in and out off and all facilities are top notch!

Nice quiet spot in the middle of Nebraska.

Bathrooms nice and clean. Nice pool. Campsites are large and very clean. The campground is outside of town so it’s very peaceful, especially at night

Arrive Early

My husband and I did a long anniversary weekend here to enjoy the beautiful weather. We stayed here early October of 2016! Like I said in the title, if possible arrive early on the weekend or even a little earlier during the week to get the best spot in the area. We were lucky enough to get this spot and it must be a hot commodity because we had no less than 10 different people drove past to see if the spot was open. As you can see from the pictures, the spot is just a short walk from the small sand pit lake. Makes it ideal for early morning fishing and a quick kayak launch site. If you love fishing and floating around beautiful lakes, this is the spot for you. There is no modern amenities so you will have to rough it for a few days, which we don’t mind at all. Early October was a perfect time to go, the trees were still changing colors and the smell of fresh fall air was everywhere!

Great little spot!

Decent camping spots, with lots of lakeshore for fishing and kayaking.

Clear water

Close to I80. Beautiful clear waters. No electricity. Swimming area.