Camping in Platte Valley Trailer Court

Recent Group Sites Reviews Near Platte Valley Trailer Court, Nebraska

37 Reviews of 10 Platte Valley Trailer Court, Nebraska Campgrounds

Reviewed Sep. 24, 2021

Good choice

Arrived after hours for a quick over night stay. Only down side very dark and hard to find entrance. Sites are fairly close to each other but campsite is very nice and kept. Our site had a nice unobstructed view. Nice shower and restroom facilities. Would stay again.

Month of VisitOctober
C
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

Great Pizza

The campground was nice, but sites were tiny and close. The pool was nice, as were the showers and bathrooms. Very clean. The ladies in the office were wonderful. The farm traffic was loud in the morning, but we were up to leave anyway. Overall, we would probably stay again.

Shannon G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Fun, lively campground but too close together

3 miles East of Loup City is Trade Winds campground. It is privately owned so you don’t need a state pass. It has 12 cabins and 20 Rv/tent sites with electricity and shared water. The sites are very close together but have shade trees. Each site is back in with picnic bench and fire rings. There is…

Dawn I.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Favorite KOA

This campground is set among the corn fields. The staff was super! The pool is cool and tucked away in the back. The store sold single local beers and was open late. They were slinging hot pizza. We stayed in an air conditioned camping cabin. Super close to the pool and bathrooms! 2 of the nicest…

• dog park
  • local ipa and corn fields
  • Cabin views
    Play button icon
Sitecamping cabin
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2021

July trip

The sites are tight, our awning is basically touching the next RVs slide . Not much shade

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Perfect stop for the night

Stayed on our way to Colorado from Indiana. Right of the interstate. Well stocked store. Pool full hookups and pull through. What more could you need for a good nights rest.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2020

Clean and Peaceful

I was surprised how quite the sites were with it being so close to I80. The shower and bath houses are very clean. There is lots to keep kids busy ... our 3 year old spent most of the evening catching toads.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2020

Lots of Nature

We stayed late in the season on a very cold weekend. The site was empty since the weather was so cold. Plenty of nature to get lost in. It was also decorated from the Halloween party. There were 4 ponds and the river is a short trail hike away.

Avery R.
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2020

A special place

Found this campground The Dyrt. 10 or so RV sites and a large tent area. Tent area require walking in (which I wasn’t prepared to do) so I opted to pay thenRV fee and set my tent up in the grass near my car. Nice spot.

Rebecca S.
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2020

Perfect family place

Upper big blue is fantastic at the upkeep of the lake. They are non invasive and polite. Only thing I would change is having showers. Daily fees $15 And you can stay up to 14 days. They have around 10 hookups for RVs and a large area for camping with separate bathrooms. They also have a pavilion…

Heather C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2020

Sunset Reset

We stopped here for 1 night on our way through Nebraska. We arrived around 4:00 pm on a Saturday in September (record high temperatures 97°) hoping to get a spot as it states first come first serve. We were very lucky only 1 site was open and the off site host happen to be there when we arrived…

Reviewed Sep. 9, 2020

Bader review

When first arriving there is an office that has showers, bait, and vending machines. Tons of tent spots to choose from. You have the option to fish from 3 or 4 ponds plus the river is walking distance. Beach area for kids seems to have people there often. Good weekend get away.

Reviewed Sep. 8, 2020

My main get in spot for kayaking

Over the years this has been my get in spot for around 100 kayaking trips. I’ve never had any issues with anyone messing with my vehicle. People from Grand Island have ruined this park by partying. Now it’s closed half the time and no alcohol is allowed. When it reopens I will still use this as my…

Mormon island review

I’ll start off by saying it’s pretty decent fishing. Some sides of the lake have a lot of moss but I caught a few decent sized in just a few hours. Besides that very crowded and would not consider camping at this location.

Matt H.

Not Bad

Typically this park is used by locals for its river access. Tooley is maintained by Hamilton County and is usually in decent condition. Alot of times the area is crowded since it is a pretty popular point to get in and out of the river when kayaking, tubing, etc.