The best WALK IN camping near
Gurley , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Gurley Camping Reviews
Clean with a great view

We stopped for a night.  It is a standard RV type park operated by the city.  It was very clean and well maintained.  The price was reasonable and we had a nice view of Scotts

Bluff.  With full hookups which we needed as it was warm and we wanted to run the AC.  The park staff was friendly at check in.

One nice thing was the sites are plenty big.  We didn't feel like we were right on top of each other.  Excellent cell coverage.  We would stay again.

Clean but confusing

Stayed one night using one of the six tent camping sites. You either have to self register at the main office (unmanned) or go to Cabalas store and pay. A nice lady and daughter was waiting on a bus at the campsite building explained the procedure and most importantly gave me the 3 number pass to get into the bathroom (priceless)!

Bathrooms were clean. Camp is noisy due to I-80 is 1/4 mile away…u can see headlights at nite on your tent walls. Plenty fresh water outlets. Electrical was the large round 30/50 amp? I wasn’t able to hook in due to no adapter. Got around 2 hours of sleep. Bring ear plugs.

Nice and clean

Campground was very clean. Our toddler loved exploring Cabelas and playing at the playground.

Place is trash

Full of dirt and nasty bugs owners are not good. They run over cats and kill dogs seen it happen. Old man jimmy doesn’t care about anything but drinking beer and killing animals. 600$ plus to stay there a month without hookups. It’s full of sand. Don’t stay here.

Quick night sleep if you can deal with spurs

Bathrooms were large and clean. Plenty of hot water in the morning. Has a laundry room. Friendly staff and neighbors. Had many many painful plant spurs imbedded on the tent floor and coming through. There was a wasp nest in the electrical outlet as well. We were tired and just wanted to sleep. No other camp was available so we delt with the spurs.

The correct website for the camp is Buffalobillsrvparks.com

Well maintained & Gorgeous Views

We enjoyed a quick weekend trip to the Scotts Bluff National Monument and Wildcat Hills this weekend. We stayed at The Robidoux RV Park in Gering, NE. The RV Park is owned and maintained by the city of Gering. It was located next to the Five Rocks Amphitheater and had a shared green space with a nice playground for children. There was a little basketball court and an additional large green space in the center of the grounds. Almost all the lots are paved and pull-throughs. It was a nice little RV Park. The only drawback was no open fires; so no s’mores on this trip. My youngest little girl decided to “catch” all the trash cans (dumpsters) and counted 5 within the park - hence the slightly strange picture of a delighted child in front of a dumpster 🤪

New Campground at Sidney Ne

Tired of driving-take a break here. We stumbled across this campground when returning from Colorado and needing a place to stay over. It is self register at night and the sites are level, on gravel, and clean. There is a picnic table and a fire grill at each site. There are about 30 Rv sites and some tent sites. It will be a few years until the trees grow large enough to give shade.

Convenience off of highway

This is a very convenient place to stop while road tripping east west across Colorado off of the I-76 Highway. Looks a lot like most of the campsites are for RVs and most of those places are occupied during the summer. There wasn't much available in terms of tent sites, nor does this place really cater to the tent camper. Tent sites I did see were not very level were very small. They did have a picnic table and maybe a barbecue pit but they were pretty unkempt and no fire pits at sites I saw. It is pretty great that they have a pool and hot tub on site, but it has not been maintained and was closed for what looks like a while because I saw a lit of debris build up in the hot tub. Their bathrooms are open and available, and are an upgrade from a porta potty, but they are nothing special. There is a dump station with non-potable water available and also sites that were full electric hookups. Even though I tend to sleep in my roof top camper, I usually can book tent sites with that arrangement. This place was very cheap and allowed me to do so, but next time I need to road trip I'll look for a site with a few more working and available accommodations like a fire pit.

Ranger Review Wildcat Hills SRA campground and INNO INH 330 Aero Light

Ranger review of Wildcat Hills SRA. If you love to hike and want to truly feel like you are away from it all check out Wildcat Hills. This beautiful recreation area just South of Gering Nebraska is just minutes away from geological wonders such as Chimney Rock, Jailhouse Rock and Scott’s Bluff National Memorial Park. Wildcat offers Archery, gun range, biking, hiking, picnicking, a playground, nature center and hunting. I’d add that if you are a bird watcher you need to get to Wildcat hills. There are also big horn sheep, wildcats, rattle snakes, elk, and deer in the area although we didn’t see any in our two days and nights at the park. There is a huge nature center that will provide a great place to cool off, stay dry or just for learning for the sake of learning. 4 main trail heads interconnect through rough, minimally maintained hiking trails that climb up to 5,000 feet. Backpack a lunch to the bottom of the canyon and try to find the Game of Thrones shelter (my pet name for it). I’ve given this park 4 stars because we were fortunate enough to camp at the group site that an area boy-scout troop updated. There are two other camp sites along the dirt road leading to the group site. Those 12 total sites are very close together and I wouldn’t recommend anything more than a pop up camper in those spots which are right on the road. If you have to camp in one of those 12 sites I’d rate the camping at 2 or 3 stars. this park hits it out of the ball park with the hiking and nature center.

Ranger review INNO INH 330 Aero Light Bike Rack

I had the opportunity to review the INNO INH 330 Aerolight QM bike rack. I have put hundreds of miles on this 2 bike rack from state parks to urban use. INNO has created a rack that is worthy of consideration among high end bike racks. The INNO arrived in a large clean and well packaged box and was nearly fully assembled. There are a number of pros and cons to be considered with this rack as with any product. I’ve listed those below.

Pros: Well made light metal and plastic construction that I believe will hold up for a very long time. Innovative locking cable for piece of mind. Fits both 1.5” and 2” receiver. Quiet ride. Exceptionally study bike securement if you don’t have attachment and you have a triangular bike frame. Protects your bike from banging into other bike like on hanging style racks.

Cons: awkward fit on height bar strap if you have a water bottle or bike tire pump attachment. If you are mounting different bikes often there a few adjustment steps that will take some time before you can secure your bike. The pins that secure the arms in the lower and upper positions can stick and require some force to pull out and place. I think some WD40 would probably resolve that issue. Bikes without the traditional triangle frame do not strap well to the veritable bar.

In the end, I’d give this rack 3.5 stars I would give it 4 if it fit my son’s non-triangle frame bike. I recommend that you consider the INNO and determine if it will fit your bikes and your needs. This rack has become my go to if I only need to take my bike or one other. Find your local retailer and try it out with your bikes.

Sorry about the oddly formatted photos. They flipped during upload.

Location and Staff are Redeeming Qualities Here

We stayed at this campground in late fall. There are very few campgrounds available in this area after the summer ends, so selection was limited. Reservations are made via phone or submitted online form. Although the staff was very attentive, from the confirmation phone call to the registration, we were a bit put off that the sites were very open and close together. In addition, when the employee called to ask about what we needed for our reservation, she implied full hook up, including cable in our mind. When we arrived we discovered there were very few sites that had cable available, and so our sons were disappointed that they would not be spoiled for the weekend (they don't get cable TV at home!). This RV park appears to be owned by the city of Gering, NE.

The view of Scotts Bluff National Monument from the campground is beautiful, especially in the evening. I enjoyed watching the sun go down and hit the bluffs with that perfect golden glow (so much better than cable TV, right?), but was also put off that there were no fire rings, so we could not have a campfire at our site either. They do have raised grills for charcoal (or maybe small wood) and each site has a picnic table.

On the plus side, there is a playground attached to the property that has updated equipment that our sons enjoyed.