Gandy , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Gandy Camping Reviews
Great spot with water and electric

The Thedford city park has four spots with 30amp electric. There is water nearby. Cost is a donation ( donation bog is next to the sites) To find these, they are on on Main Street (first road south of Highway 2). They sit on the curve where Main St heads north to highway 2. Would be an awesome spot for a day or more. There are trains that come through regularly, but they aren’t sounding horns near the park. A hill blocks a lot of the noise.

A no frills quick spot for the night

In a sea of private property this was a nice island of public land. We camped between a skate park and a ball field. Not sure if we could officially camp there but nobody bugged us. We came in after dark and out early. Don’t know if they’d want you there all day. No facilities.

Secret Hideaway

Love Victoria Springs! It is a hidden gem in the Nebraska Sandhills.  It fills up on the weekends but during the week you can have the entire campground to yourself.  Beautiful trees, nice shade, and electrical hook-ups.

More of a rodeo center then a campground.

The camp sites were nice but there was so much rodeo activity it made it a bit overwhelming.

It was fine

Really easy to find right off I-80. We stopped for one night only. There’s a playground which our kids loved. Road noise is kind of loud if you’re outside. We travel with a white noise machine so it didn’t bother us at night.

Quiet Little Spot

I drove beyond the golf course campground & found a spot next to the lake that had a fire ring. The road & plant noise did not bother me. Great spot for a quick overnight stay.

Pretty but Tightly Packed Sites

I camped at this park two nights in September. The campground is very pretty and has some great hiking trails, but the campsites are so close to each other, I felt like I was in a Big RV Park, not a State Park.

Nice stopover

Tent camped on the shore of the reservoir, this was a nice enough spot although a little noisy from the road and power station across the reservoir.

Poor signage

Poor signage and could not find the RV Park. We tried to camp here when driving through. After driving on we spotted the RV parking but still no signs. Their loss.

Poor signage

We tried to camp here when driving through. Could not find the camp ground. After driving on we spotted the RV parking but still no signs. Their loss.